Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deconstructing Legendary Weapon/Armor

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
Before I go about finding out for myself thought I would ask the forum. Has anyone deconstructed a Legendary (gold) weapon or piece of armor? If so, how many Temporing Alloy's did you get back? Assuming you have all the skills points into the 'improve chance of better materials deconstruction' crafting skill thing.

I know it is not guaranteed but if the best you can get back is 1 Alloy...the rest sacrificed to the gods....then I will take that into consideration and weigh it against my impatience. Too bad 70% of any gear worthwhile in this game is freaking bound.
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 If your lucky. Compared to the 8 gold tempers it took to make it. Worth holding onto even if it's just sturdy.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Yea that is what I figured. Thank you for the response.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you made it, and have the Extraction Passive maxed you have a pretty good chance of getting a single Gold Temper back.

If someone else made it, your chances of even getting that is lowered but not unlikely if you have the Extraction Passive maxed.

If you don't have the extraction passive maxed, then do that before even trying.
    Edited by Nestor on January 21, 2016 8:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, you can only ever get 1 temper back, but I find that with the passives maxed out you almost always do get that gold temper back.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Put 24 Temper's in....get 3 out. Yea think I can grind those last 3 over the next few days. Never know when I will want to use that Legendary gear again.

Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.