Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does briar heart v16 gear exist?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been completing both wrothgar daily quests (world boss and delve) as well as searching chests. I've found 15-20 briar heart gear pieces, but never seen a v16, they're all v15.

Can anyone confirm v16 is dropping, and if so how rare it is?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have 4 pieces all Purples

Its not common, but not all that rare either. You also have a chance to get VR15 Blue Briarheart stuff. Its not so bad to use with the VR16 until you can flesh out the set of VR16
    Edited by Nestor on January 20, 2016 10:40PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I've been completing both wrothgar daily quests (world boss and delve) as well as searching chests. I've found 15-20 briar heart gear pieces, but never seen a v16, they're all v15.

Can anyone confirm v16 is dropping, and if so how rare it is?

It takes awhile to get v16 pieces, that's for sure. You can get the 5 world boss quests that are not your daily shared with you to bump the number of chances at it to 7 per day.

They also drop from Wrothgar treasure map chests and, rarely, regular treasure chests in Wrothgar.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    A while back, a few people told me about the Treasure Hunter passive of the Champion System (Shadow, green, 75 CP). It gives a chance to find equipment of a better quality in chests (you will never find purple by the way, just more blues) but it seems it also allows a chance of finding gear of the superior level.

I tried it and must say that it indeed seems to work, as I found much more v16 sets in chests during my farming sessions in Whrotgar : between 100 and 200 chests opened with and without the passive, and I made twice more v16 gear with the passive than without, so it doesn't seem to be luck. Even more so considering it worked for other players as well.
    It, of course, doesn't help to get a better trait though, but still.

You might want to try it. If you farm enough chests, you will easily make enough gold to pay the double CP re-spec anyway.
    Edited by Usara on January 21, 2016 6:17AM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)