The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How i lost my character

• WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said above, other MMOs have an automated system to restore accidentally deleted characters or items, or lost items

This games client is probably archaic on the back side preventing ease of restoration.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PC, a dialog comes up where you have to type "DELETE" in order to proceed to actually delete the character.
  • Swainyboy
    Swainyboy
    ✭✭✭
    Putting my issue aside. There should not be problems in future for ZOS CS to restore characters lost for almost any reason... the fact that support tells people they can't, on the most part, seems to be from lack of technical ability within the CS team and also negligence towards the customers they are supporting.

ESO is the only game i have come into contact with where support have not been able to help with almost anything, looking towards Blizzard/WoW here. Their support has dealt with so many issues of mine, from lost characters to hacked account and it took them all but 10 minutes to solve any issues once the problem was understood.

It's just a shame that ZOS CS seems lacking in areas when it comes to actual support of their paying community, from what I've seen, which is the best gaming community i have had the chance to play with and be a part of.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taryf wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    You dont want to make more headaches?
    Tell a word to someone about how easy is to delete character in ESO (at least console version).

HOLD few buttons to delete char? If someone is unlucky i can be done by throwing controller on pillow while little break ;)

Solutions from other games:
    1. To delete char WRITE IT NAME and confirm.
    2. To delete char WRITE IT NAME and confirm... and wait 24/48h. Before clock ticks, You can change Your mind.

Sorry for my english, but i hope You will understand the point.
    Wait, how do you delete a character in the console version?

In the PC/Mac version you have to click delete and then type the word "DELETE" into a box. You can't really do that by accident.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Just click square (?) and hold both triggers amd bumpers as confirm. At least that was when i delete my char. Did it only once.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar