Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Crafting my first set - question about hvy/med/lgt configuration

Travestynox
Travestynox
✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm about to craft my first real set here in ESO, and have some questions before I go ahead.
Aesthetically, I'd like my chest armour to be a medium one, since I don't really like the look of the heavy types.
The only kind I like to looks of is the new mercenary one, but I understand it's complicated and or expensive to get hold of.

This is for a melee nightblade, and the build is the 'standard' 5 medium / 1 heavy / 1 light configuration.
Now, if I make the helmet or leg-piece heavy instead of the chest, what will I lose in stats, and would you recommend it at all?
I was planning to go all divines for trait.
I'm not really a min/maxing type, but I'd rather not loose too much for the sake of vanity. :D
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple questions:

1) Are you veteran 16?
    2) Do you have the "Undaunted Mettle" passive in the Undaunted skill line?

If you are still under vet 16, I would say do whatever you want since you will eventually grow out of your armor. It wont be a drastic difference between head or chest as heavy.

Also 5-1-1 setup only is beneficial with the undaunted mettle passive. If you don't have it and it is a long way off, 7 medium might be a better option.

At gold VR16 (without reinforced trait):
    Medium Helm=1823
    Heavy Helm=2425

Medium Chest=2084
    Heavy Chest=2772

It appears going heavy chest/medium head would provide an additional 86 armor at VR16 (assuming no reinforced trait) vs medium chest/heavy head. If min/max is not the goal it seems like a relatively small given that the cap for resistance is 33,150.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @MrTarkanian48 on the undaunted passives. If you don't have those unlocked then theres no need for the 5-1-1. Have you looked at the Daedric or Xivkyn heavy chest? Those are pretty nice looking and would easy for another crafter to make for you if you don't know those styles. Mercenary isn't that hard to come by, if you don't want to run the dungeon for the Laurel(must have all merc known to guarantee a laurel) then grab some merc items for decon, you could probly get 3-5 for 20-25k, improve them to at least blue as it will help increase your chance of receiving a laurel on the decon. I've consistently received a 50% return on laurels and that's using just white items to decon.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your insights, this was exactly what I was looking for!
    I am V16, I just got into crafting/researching quite late in the game.
    Also, I've been playing mostly solo (finding it very hard to group in this game),
    thus my undaunted skill is just 3 atm.

So I think I'll take your advice and just go for 7 medium.

Thanks again!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to unlock heavy, medium and light passives and skills so i always run my characters while levelling with 5 of one type and then one of each of the others with the training trait on them...

As a sorc i use mostly light armour however i do like to use evade or immovable from time to time so having them unlocked is always good..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)