Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO support confirmed the best optimization for pvp with evidence

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I'd like to see video proof of this happening. Can you provide video evidence for each perspective using the different setting's?

It took me 2 seconds to make the change. Why don't you just try it out to see for yourself? I intend to

Might convince them with this instead from the thread I posted:

SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network write buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat). If you want input to not get dropped, raise this value. If your router isn't tuned to handle packet queuing well, it may result in added delay though.

SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network read buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat)."

Highly possible the original buffer files are too small for many calcs the game sends/received to the server? Either way before you edit this file, save a copy in case it crashes.

ESO client barely sends or receives 10MB worth of network data after hours and hours of play. The network buffer should never even get remotely close to this amount in queue.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Editing this file is perfectly safe, you just may need to edit it back. This is what changes anytime you update settings, the only difference is you don't have a GUI. Turning off the intro movie, for example, is just changing an integer in that file.

This doesn't seem like a latency fix, that would must definitely be something server side. This would be a fix if you're hitting that queue limit and taking a performance dive on your end. Nothing we can edit on our end is going to fix actual lag.
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    as I said before this change only effects additional lag as i noticed. All testers WHO HAS MASSİVE LAG in the middle of Cyrodiil combat before, now they can use skills at least instead of overloading their nerves (cause of can not be able to to anything) at all. And also they say about decreased loading screen time. Im realy happy that i could find it and it works also everyone who tried. Some people talking about they scare of doing it. Just take a copy of Usersettings file. But there is a bad thing if you didnt take a copy of it. LOLZ just kidding. If you didnt like and you didnt take a copy then just delete this file while game is closed. Run the game and you get the default Usersettings file when you see the character selection menu. That is all about it. No need to scare for it because there is a solution for it. And yes, english isnt my mother tongue.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    I'd like to see video proof of this happening. Can you provide video evidence for each perspective using the different setting's?

It took me 2 seconds to make the change. Why don't you just try it out to see for yourself? I intend to

What's the word

I really didn't notice much difference, if any. I'm guessing this thread has just caused a placebo effect.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely didn't hurt anything, so if you want to see if it works for you then it seems completely safe
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    Definitely didn't hurt anything, so if you want to see if it works for you then it seems completely safe

Yes mate. It worked for me. But it wasnt importand. And I made my friends to test it from so many country in game. They have great result. Thats why i posted it here asap when I got positive answers to me. Just think about this empathy.'' You like doing pvp but cause of this Cyrodiil massive lag you couldnt get any chance in the middle of zerg groups. And your game dream is finding a way to play as much as you can while having fun of pvp at all. Then you found a solution by yourself. It worked for you. It worked for all of your close-mates who tested it. And you like helping people. And you got exited deeply to share it with everyone you see in the game.'' Thats me :)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network write buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat). If you want input to not get dropped, raise this value. If your router isn't tuned to handle packet queuing well, it may result in added delay though.

SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network read buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat)."

Highly possible the original buffer files are too small for many calcs the game sends/received to the server? Either way before you edit this file, save a copy in case it crashes.

ESO client barely sends or receives 10MB worth of network data after hours and hours of play. The network buffer should never even get remotely close to this amount in queue.
    Did you ever monitor this in detail? I know I blasted through a 250mb mobile quota with 2 hours something of ESO while being on a business trip abroad. This game has a serious data traffic thing going on.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If that's the best optimization, then why wouldn't they solve all the Cyrodiil problems and just update every ones usersetting file already?

Remind me of pts time when many people had constant disconnects in IC. Best way ZOS fount - we should edit some things in usersettings and disconnects gone.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Did you ever monitor this in detail? I know I blasted through a 250mb mobile quota with 2 hours something of ESO while being on a business trip abroad. This game has a serious data traffic thing going on.

Windows 10 automatically monitors all apps that use data over the last 30 days. For me ESO will use a few hundred MB in an entire month. No idea how you can go through 250 MB (I assume you mean MB not Mb) in 2 hours. The launcher of course can use a lot more depending on patches. Are you sure it wasn't a patch?

I fired up the PTS client yesterday to test some Templar stuff and I noticed a second ESO.exe appeared in that list of programs. It used 1.83 MB in the course of about 30-45 minutes.

I don't doubt that you receive more data in larger Cyro fights (sent is probably about the same) as you are getting more information on more characters positioning, skills firing etc...but there is no way you are ever going any higher than a couple dozen KB/s.

MMO's typically just don't use that much data to and from the server. It's the server having to crunch all that data and spit it out to everyone 10 times a second that causes problems.

I am not saying it's not possible there are problems and this "fix" alleviates some issues. But I have seen so many supposed "magic bullets" for ESO and other MMO's over the years for FPS problems and lag problems that after a while you learn to look at them with skepticism.

edit: As extra info I was also goofing around with Camelot Unchained for a few hours this last month. It shows that program as having used 2.29MB.
    Edited by danno8 on January 17, 2016 11:23PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. My posts were to help players not feel like it was a scam since its use was mentioned in previous threads for FPS issues.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Windows 10 automatically monitors all apps that use data over the last 30 days. For me ESO will use a few hundred MB in an entire month. No idea how you can go through 250 MB (I assume you mean MB not Mb) in 2 hours. The launcher of course can use a lot more depending on patches. Are you sure it wasn't a patch?

I fired up the PTS client yesterday to test some Templar stuff and I noticed a second ESO.exe appeared in that list of programs. It used 1.83 MB in the course of about 30-45 minutes.

I don't doubt that you receive more data in larger Cyro fights (sent is probably about the same) as you are getting more information on more characters positioning, skills firing etc...but there is no way you are ever going any higher than a couple dozen KB/s.

MMO's typically just don't use that much data to and from the server. It's the server having to crunch all that data and spit it out to everyone 10 times a second that causes problems.

I am not saying it's not possible there are problems and this "fix" alleviates some issues. But I have seen so many supposed "magic bullets" for ESO and other MMO's over the years for FPS problems and lag problems that after a while you learn to look at them with skepticism.

edit: As extra info I was also goofing around with Camelot Unchained for a few hours this last month. It shows that program as having used 2.29MB.
    No patching, straight up playing. But then, that was (I kid you not) while being in Russia, and as they say, "In Soviet Russia, quota eat up your games!"

Maybe it's something like the MTU settings in early days of broadband, where a slight change took you from overflowing into the correct range and accelerated you intarwebs considerably. Sorry for being vague on the technicalities, was long enough back that I lost most of it from my data storage (brain).
    Edited by Leandor on January 17, 2016 11:44PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No patching, straight up playing. But then, that was (I kid you not) while being in Russia, and as they say, "In Soviet Russia, quota eat up your games!"

Maybe it's something like the MTU settings in early days of broadband, where a slight change took you from overflowing into the correct range and accelerated you intarwebs considerably. Sorry for being vague on the technicalities, was long enough back that I lost most of it from my data storage (brain).

Hahah, maybe it's a Russian conspiracy. The OP did say English was not his native language. :P
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    [/quote]

Hahah, maybe it's a Russian conspiracy. The OP did say English was not his native language. :P[/quote]

Im a Turk man. Your mind made me smile much :)
    Edited by Superselo on January 18, 2016 9:31AM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from my logic, what this COULD do is that you don't have to spam that one crucial ability anymore and hope that it will eventually go out (e.g. nega/nove/etc in ergy settings). If buffer sizes are ever an issue, that is.

on the downside, it will still take its time to go out (until server is ready) and a delayed effect may be undesired. i.e. you only have to press once but if it takes 20sec to happen, you maybe don't even want it anymore,

now in practice, making the change did absolutely nothing noticeable for me. albeit, it wasn't super laggy yesterday but neither was it for anyone on TS. Some people have inexplicable fps drops (imho they still have mini maps but don't want to admit it xD ) but for those that have only problems with ping (like me), everyone seemed to get the same results before and after I edited the file.

keep in mind this is very subjective and from a rather short test without a criticial lag-situation
    Edited by Kas on January 18, 2016 3:16PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    Kas wrote: »
    from my logic, what this COULD do is that you don't have to spam that one crucial ability anymore and hope that it will eventually go out (e.g. nega/nove/etc in ergy settings). If buffer sizes are ever an issue, that is.

on the downside, it will still take its time to go out (until server is ready) and a delayed effect may be undesired. i.e. you only have to press once but if it takes 20sec to happen, you maybe don't even want it anymore,

now in practice, making the change did absolutely nothing noticeable for me. albeit, it wasn't super laggy yesterday but neither was it for anyone on TS. Some people have inexplicable fps drops (imho they still have mini maps but don't want to admit it xD ) but for those that have only problems with ping (like me), everyone seemed to get the same results before and after I edited the file.

keep in mind this is very subjective and from a rather short test without a criticial lag-situation

I said it will work who has super lag problem between massive zergs. If you dont have problem already then ofcourse you wont get any result as usualy( i think) lol .
    Edited by Superselo on January 18, 2016 3:24PM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superselo wrote: »

I said it will work who has super lag problem between massive zergs. If you dont have problem already then ofcourse you wont get any result as usualy( i think) lol .

what "lag" for you? fps or ping?
    I have never seen anyone with a worse ping other than those you just have bad connections and where even TS shows packet loss on them).
    FPS really seem to be different for many players (some with much better hardware have much lower fps than me). But I wouldn't call this "lag", let alone server-lag.

So wht is your method supposed to fix? Help those with a very bad connection? Resolve some myterious problem where some people are affected by server lag and some aren't (I have never seen this happen, and tbh it doesn't really make that much sense. Either the server is under too much load and fails to deliver in time, or it isn't)
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who tethers when traveling, I can say with 100% certainty that this isn't true.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Superselo
    Superselo

what "lag" for you? fps or ping?
    I have never seen anyone with a worse ping other than those you just have bad connections and where even TS shows packet loss on them).
    FPS really seem to be different for many players (some with much better hardware have much lower fps than me). But I wouldn't call this "lag", let alone server-lag.

So wht is your method supposed to fix? Help those with a very bad connection? Resolve some myterious problem where some people are affected by server lag and some aren't (I have never seen this happen, and tbh it doesn't really make that much sense. Either the server is under too much load and fails to deliver in time, or it isn't)

I meant as ping that im sure you could understand it easyly when you saw the Networkbuffer thing. If you dont have any high latency problem before then what are you talking as it doesnt realy make that much sense. Already you dont need the settings (as i see) so you cant not understand the difference.
    Edited by Superselo on January 18, 2016 7:10PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

console noob here
    PS4 NA DC
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

As someone who tethers when traveling, I can say with 100% certainty that this isn't true.

So using a network monitoring program, I can say that depending on what you are doing the bitrate is between 3KB/s all the way up to 50KB/s in crazy PvP zeginess.

So I will amend my earlier statement to this, in PvE it will take about an hour to send/receive 10 MB of data, but in PvP it can be in as little as 5-10 minutes.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOSes Hate Her! Local Mom Discovers Secret to Drug-Free PvP Optimization
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • zoRn_1337
    zoRn_1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recommended changes of client netsettings can decrease your lag from 999+ to 300 - 400 latency in some cases. But the only reason is, that you lose data packets.

Backend problems can not be fixed by users.
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    Topic is outdated. If still works for you, nice then