Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting Hirelings and craft skill levels

Myyth
Myyth
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I leveled up enchanting on my alt character to 32 just so that I could put three points into hireling. My plan was that even when I was playing this alt character I would still get high level enchanting goodies mailed to me.

But I when I got hireling mail it had a level 1 potency rune while my other character with maxed out enchanting gets lvl 10. I assuming this is because my main character has every enchanting skill maxed.

So do I also need to increase potency skill to 10 to get level 10 potency runes mailed to me with a lvl 3 hireling?

How about aspect improvement? does that also need to have skill points put in it to get Rekuta or Kuta? or is there still a chance that with level 1 potency I might get purple or gold aspects mailed with a lvl 3 hireling?

Thanks

Edited by Myyth on January 15, 2016 4:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Potency level does determine the level Potency Runes you will get (well, at the top end, you still get either 9 or 10 level potencies). And, I am warning you now your mostly going to get Kura's and Kudes with an occasional Rejera or Jehade. Forget Repora's.

To get the best chance for Rekuta's and Kuta's, you need to have points in the Extraction Passive. I don't think the Aspect passive has anything to do with what you get just what you can use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.
    Hmmm spending 10 skill points just for a hireling to send me lvl 10 runes seems like a big investment and with no chance at a repora.

But as long as I still have a chance to get Kuta, Rekuta or Denata potency runes even with just one point in the Potency skill might be all that I really care about.
    Edited by Myyth on January 15, 2016 7:58PM
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    do skyshards and have pore SPs then you will know what to do. I have found about 75% of them and I have alchemy, woodworking, blacksmithing, and clothier all maxed with my other skills and passives and have 25 sitting there waiting for enchanting (im working on now).