Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted Skill Line

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Right... I've been PvPing for months, mostly ever since I started, but lately I've been doing PvE like veteran daily pledges, vMSA etc.

My Undaunted skill line has been lvl 4 for a long time, and it doesn't really seem to budge when I do random dungeons like the daily pledges... am I missing something?

What's the "best" way to level it up? thanks
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

Best Answers

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to complete every dungeon achievement, i.e. each achievement within the group dungeons, veteran dungeons and trials sections. I think that for each achievement completed you gain the same amount of Undaunted reputation as by doing the silver pledges daily. Especially there are many veteran dungeons achievements and most of them can be completed during one run. There is also a quest requiring you to buy a drink for the Undaunted member in each biggest city in the zone (16 overall: 5 zones x 3 alliances + coldharbour) which gives you quite a lot of reputation. And of course by doing the gold pledges you earn a decent amount of reputation but since it's one per day it's rather time-consuming. I think there are no other ways to level the Undaunted skill line.
    Answer ✓
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet pledges and buy everyone a drink it's a undaunted quest it's slow but you will go up
    Answer ✓
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dungeon achievements
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Answer ✓
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    "Undaunted Reputation is gained by completing Dungeons Achievements in the Group Dungeons, Veteran Dungeons and Trials sections. You gain 10 Reputation per completed achievement, except This One's On Me which grants 30 Reputation on completion. You also earn 5 Reputation for completing a Pledge at the Bronze level, 10 at Silver and 20 for the most difficult Gold objectives."

Here is a list of the achievements:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dungeons_Achievements
    Answer ✓
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on January 15, 2016 3:41PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nvm

Nope, only group dungeons or trials.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh ok thanks guys B)
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right... I've been PvPing for months, mostly ever since I started, but lately I've been doing PvE like veteran daily pledges, vMSA etc.

My Undaunted skill line has been lvl 4 for a long time, and it doesn't really seem to budge when I do random dungeons like the daily pledges... am I missing something?

Every single thing you said, I'm in the exact situation at he moment hahaha. Today would be my 3rd day of doing dailies. Probably won't be doing vmsa again until they add some sort of checkpoint though.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Every single thing you said, I'm in the exact situation at he moment hahaha. Today would be my 3rd day of doing dailies. Probably won't be doing vmsa again until they add some sort of checkpoint though.

Haha it's mad isn't it.. and I've now come to the conclusion that I will only spend at least 4 hours in vMSA before trying again the next day/time, to.. regenerate, and stuff because after 5 hours straight, you just can't keep focused and it's a nightmare especially without checkpoints, yeah.... but I figure it'll be the best way to learn too
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do Craglorn Dungeons give any points toward undaunted skill line?
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭

No they dont
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a pain to get it leveled but totally worth it OP. With Undaunted 9 and a 5/1/1 setup getting 6% on top of all your main stats is quite alot ^^

Knock out the simple achievements first, you'll get one for killing every boss in a particular dungeon. Start with the normal mode ones. Then do the vet ones. Each VET pledge special requirements (like having 3 wraith alive up to a certain phase during the vet crypt of hearts final boss) also award achievements.
    Killing a certain number of particular enemy type in their respective dungeons also awards achievements. Those will require a bit of grinding if you feel inclined to get them quickly.

Speedrun achievements require good groups at V16 but at lower level they can be powered through easily with two V16 DPS. Party leader can disable battle leveling as far as I can remember.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quickest way I've leveled this on two v16 toons is by completing the Dungeon Blocker/Damage Dealer/Heal achievements, of course pledges every day, buying drinks achievement (that one gave a decent chunk once completed and very easy to complete) and then speed run achievements.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they dont
    That's not entirely true. They don't directly give you any points towards your Undaunted skill line advancing, but they will contribute to some of the dungeon achievements that do give you points towards Undaunted advancement.

So, for example, the Dungeon Blocker or Dungeon Healer achievements look at total points of damage blocked/points of healing done in any area the game considers to be a dungeon. This includes delves, group dungeons, and public dungeons. So playing through the delves in Craglorn can contribute to these achievements if you haven't already gotten them, and those achievements advance your Undaunted skill line.

Most of the achievements that advance the Undaunted skill line are geared specifically towards group dungeons, public dungeons, and trials, however. I think there are only about 10-12 that can be obtained in delves like those in Craglorn.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gave up using that skill line.It's too much a waste of time for me. Why use a skill line you cant use.Just my own opinion. :}
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I gave up using that skill line.It's too much a waste of time for me. Why use a skill line you cant use.Just my own opinion. :}
    I don't even understand what this comment means. Why wouldn't you be able to use the skill line? And frankly, the passives are awesome.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I don't even understand what this comment means. Why wouldn't you be able to use the skill line? And frankly, the passives are awesome.

I think he was referring to the active skills.

IMHO though the passives alone are worth that skill line. It's the only way to raise your max stats outside of gear, and by alot.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah the only reason I was getting the skill up was for the passives, but... having 2 Heavy engine guardian is kind of removing that desperation so I'm taking it slow by just relying on pledges themselves, to get the skill line up, and like you guys said.. achievements, the quests in dungeons and obviously finishing the dungeon & pledges are the way to get it up. B)
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah the only reason I was getting the skill up was for the passives, but... having 2 Heavy engine guardian is kind of removing that desperation so I'm taking it slow by just relying on pledges themselves, to get the skill line up, and like you guys said.. achievements, the quests in dungeons and obviously finishing the dungeon & pledges are the way to get it up. B)

I Crushing Shock your Engine Guardian

>_>
    <_<
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

>_>
    <_<

If the lag isn't bad, maybe... shield reflect while standing in front of it >:)
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

>_>
    <_<

If the lag isn't bad, maybe... shield reflect while standing in front of it >:)

That little robot can have a mind of it's own sometimes. I've seem them wander straight into groups of opponents xD
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    That little robot can have a mind of it's own sometimes. I've seem them wander straight into groups of opponents xD

He sure does! I've been farming Dolmen generals the past two days. For whatever reason, rather than sticking to my side, it tends to rolls off to the opposite side of the dolmen and then start it's beam of awesome. So weird....
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

He sure does! I've been farming Dolmen generals the past two days. For whatever reason, rather than sticking to my side, it tends to rolls off to the opposite side of the dolmen and then start it's beam of awesome. So weird....

I know yeah lol especially when someone is attacking you from the top of a keep, the drone tries to climb up the stairs through the closed gate/walls. :p
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he was referring to the active skills.

IMHO though the passives alone are worth that skill line. It's the only way to raise your max stats outside of gear, and by alot.
    Ah, you could be right. I agree that the passives alone are more than worth it. Additionally, getting access to the only ranged taunt in the game is nice (and practically required for a tank in some content), and if you ever want to play a support role in groups orbs are very nice too. The other active skills in the line I don't particularly care for.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    nvm

Nope, only group dungeons or trials.

Yes and no. The Dungeon Healer, Blocker, Damage Dispenser, Lord and Annihilator achievements can be done even in the small "map dungeons" (one Skyshard/One boss), and those achiev counts toward the Undaunted rep.

Even some regular quest zones that has a part in an interior are counted as dungeons too (like the ruins where Aryenn does her ritual/tradition thing In Grathwood ? Got an undaunted level with Dungeon Healer when I killed Naemon...)
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just dont seem to care for it.Perhaps I might give it another try though.Thing is, I dont PvP,and isnt this more for PvPers than PvEers? Please,tell me if it isnt.I know it shows my lack of knowledge,but it's not been my favorite line to use.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just dont seem to care for it.Perhaps I might give it another try though.Thing is, I dont PvP,and isnt this more for PvPers than PvEers? Please,tell me if it isnt.I know it shows my lack of knowledge,but it's not been my favorite line to use.
    No, the Undaunted skill line is intended specifically for people doing the PVE group dungeons and other PVE group content. It can be useful in PVP too, but it's primarily for PVE group content. Even if it's just for the passives (especially the Undaunted Mettle passive) I'd recommend leveling it.

I mean, with Undaunted Mettle you get a +6% bonus to all 3 of your stats if you've got at least 1 of each type of armour equipped. Even if you only want to use 1 type of armour (maybe you're an all-light guy, or an all-medium guy) then you still get a +2% bonus to all 3 of your stats.

If you're not a fan of doing group PVE content, though, you're not really going to care about the active skills in the skill line. They're all designed for group PVE content.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, the Undaunted skill line is intended specifically for people doing the PVE group dungeons and other PVE group content. It can be useful in PVP too, but it's primarily for PVE group content. Even if it's just for the passives (especially the Undaunted Mettle passive) I'd recommend leveling it.

I mean, with Undaunted Mettle you get a +6% bonus to all 3 of your stats if you've got at least 1 of each type of armour equipped. Even if you only want to use 1 type of armour (maybe you're an all-light guy, or an all-medium guy) then you still get a +2% bonus to all 3 of your stats.

If you're not a fan of doing group PVE content, though, you're not really going to care about the active skills in the skill line. They're all designed for group PVE content.

I would do group content,but there's never anyone around the first undaunted dungeon for me to go in with.Only once did me and one other person try it.We died. XD
    Plus,I'm not in any guilds that seem to get together for delves.My guilds are ok for buying and selling,but that's about it.
    Know any good ones?
    Edited by Volkodav on January 21, 2016 11:23PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would do group content,but there's never anyone around the first undaunted dungeon for me to go in with.Only once did me and one other person try it.We died. XD
    Plus,I'm not in any guilds that seem to get together for delves.My guilds are ok for buying and selling,but that's about it.
    Know any good ones?
    Depends on your platform/server. It's also worth trying the group finder tool. If you're new to group dungeons try queuing for the first one available in your alliance on a day when it's not the day's non-vet pledge. It might take a while to form a group, but if you do it this way you'll have a better chance of getting matched with other people who are relatively new to group dungeons, rather than people who are focused on rushing through for the pledge, and who might be intolerant of someone who doesn't know what they're doing in group dungeons and doesn't know the fights.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Know any good ones?
    Depends on your platform/server. It's also worth trying the group finder tool. If you're new to group dungeons try queuing for the first one available in your alliance on a day when it's not the day's non-vet pledge. It might take a while to form a group, but if you do it this way you'll have a better chance of getting matched with other people who are relatively new to group dungeons, rather than people who are focused on rushing through for the pledge, and who might be intolerant of someone who doesn't know what they're doing in group dungeons and doesn't know the fights.

Thanks for the info. I might give it a try. While I have no problems with mobs,being a pretty good fighter,I might need the newbie group bit. :}