The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I HAVE A VALID CONNECTION, ESO! K THANKS.

nosillalouise
I have been getting constantly disconnected for the past 30 minutes, I've been disconnected at least ten times.
I have decent internet connection.
Connection Speed(Download): 33.6 MBPS
Connection Speed(Upload): 5.9 MBPS

This is making it very aggravating to collect Lorebooks.
  • nosillalouise
    Just got disconnected again.
    Checked my speeds...
    Connection Speed(Download): 44.9 MBPS
    Connection Speed(Upload(: 5.9 MBPS
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Trying to defend a keep and kicked me twice in five mins now stuck in a srupid long loading screen.
  • nosillalouise
    Yeah, its ridiculous. The sad part about it was that I was in GREENSHADE! I wasn't even in Cyrodil.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RUN!

as fast as you can away from your console. RUN to your PC and buy the real version of the game.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    RUN!

as fast as you can away from your console. RUN to your PC and buy the real version of the game.

This happens on PC as well, and is starting to happen more and more often. Periods of high ping and/or low FPS lead to the "make sure you have a valid connection" error and kick to log screen.

It's happening to a lot of us, regardless of hardware, ISP, or connection type/speed. Consoles are not the problem here, and PC is not the solution. The problem is a poorly coded and optimized game.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just an anecdote from my own experience:

If you're getting dropped in PvE zones there is most likely a network problem between you and the ESO servers based on how infrequently DCs happen in those zones for other players. Does not apply to Cyrodiil, everyone gets dropped from Cyrodiil.

I was having a similar problem and it was extremely intermittent. I would go along without issue for a couple hours then BAM, repeated disconnects for a few minutes. Attempts to analyze the problem with things like speed tests were not particularly helpful given how quickly the problem would appear and disappear.

At first it appeared to be an ESO problem since other services like Netflix streaming didn't seem to be having any issues. After extensive testing I was able to verify that the issue was occurring somewhere between my modem and the ESO servers, so I called up my ISP and requested a tech visit.

Turns out there was a cabling issue between my house and the ISP interconnect. Other services (like Netflix) without hard realtime requirements were papering over the issue thanks to buffering and whatnot, whereas ESO would freak out and drop me whenever the problem reared its head. The tech fixed the issue and it's been smooth sailing with < 100ms ping ever since (except, obviously, in Cyrodiil).

So, if you can confirm that the issue is not in your home network, it might be worth it to have your ISP come out and double check that everything is tight and snug, even if other services and speed tests appear to be working normally.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    My connection is fine has always been fine. I only occasionally have had a blue screen crash in PvE in the past few days cyro crash outs are starting to bad
  • nosillalouise
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Just an anecdote from my own experience:

If you're getting dropped in PvE zones there is most likely a network problem between you and the ESO servers based on how infrequently DCs happen in those zones for other players. Does not apply to Cyrodiil, everyone gets dropped from Cyrodiil.

I was having a similar problem and it was extremely intermittent. I would go along without issue for a couple hours then BAM, repeated disconnects for a few minutes. Attempts to analyze the problem with things like speed tests were not particularly helpful given how quickly the problem would appear and disappear.

At first it appeared to be an ESO problem since other services like Netflix streaming didn't seem to be having any issues. After extensive testing I was able to verify that the issue was occurring somewhere between my modem and the ESO servers, so I called up my ISP and requested a tech visit.

Turns out there was a cabling issue between my house and the ISP interconnect. Other services (like Netflix) without hard realtime requirements were papering over the issue thanks to buffering and whatnot, whereas ESO would freak out and drop me whenever the problem reared its head. The tech fixed the issue and it's been smooth sailing with < 100ms ping ever since (except, obviously, in Cyrodiil).

So, if you can confirm that the issue is not in your home network, it might be worth it to have your ISP come out and double check that everything is tight and snug, even if other services and speed tests appear to be working normally.

I might consider that. But, the thing is I only get constantly dropped in PVE. I hardly ever get dropped. I play other online games and don't run into any issues at all. I think in in my situation it might be ESO rather than my internet.