The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The trail of DEATH - The vestige's odd James Bond/Batman complex.

Samsayia
Samsayia
✭✭✭
Anyone else notice how many people die around the Vestige? And I mean this across ALL of the faction/local/main/guild questing. Whether I'm doing quests for the Ebonheart pact or Dominion or the main quest line or fighters guild questline whatevs there is so much death that happens. ZoS is not afraid to kill off characters. Named ones too. Almost all named. Anyone is up for grabs as far as their concerned. NO ONE IS SAFE D:

It's....kinda depressing. Just...everyone dies all over the place. Deshaan was just depressing to quest through and Shadowfen wasn't leagues better. I'm starting to get this horrible feeling that the Vestige is having this James Bond/Batman complex where everyone they associate with gets killed for associating with them and the game is secretly using the NPC's you meet to get to you. The vestige spends so much time finding dead bodies and telling other people that so and so is dead and I'm so sorry but he DIED in front of me and the game wouldn't let me save him.

Now, you could say "Oh, but there's war and plagues and stuff and people DIE that's just what happens when there's wars and plagues and stuff."

Yes. I get that. But the writing puts the vestige's at the forefront of all of that. World of warcraft had wars and plagues and stuff, but quests consisted of kill x of x half the time. Now ERRYBODY be having visions about the vestige. and errybody be talking about the vestige. Anywhere the vestige goes he/she is just the ***. Batman is the world's greatest mary sue of all, and I think the Vestige be tapping into some of that. Not all the way. But some of it. Like, the Vestige carries the taint of the Batman. Depressing story all the time, everyone dies for associating with you and yet the vestige is this unsung badass able to defeat everyone but YOU CAN'T SAVE THEM ALL. YOU CAN'T SAVE YOUR FRIENDS D:

A LOT of the NPC's that meet the Vestige are marked for death. Not all of them, but the overwhelming majority.

I'm shocked that by the time the vestige gets through his/her quest he's not dark and brooding the way Batman is. The vestige has seen it all by that point lol.

And mind you, I'm not complaining. I just think it's hilariously grim and wanted to share my thoughts. Sometimes I finished quest lines and I just have to put it all out of my mind.

"Yes, here's your reward for your work. Now go on knowing everyone you met died and none of your inner batman powers could save them."
  • mtPrimo
    mtPrimo
    I personally think that's why the Vestige/Batman exist, to cease this killing spree, to bring peace to the land. Vestige has lost friends along the way, which pretty much died so he could accomplish what he was destined to.

Who could said that everything isnt a scheme from the God of the latter, so he could get some fun about his miserable existence?
    Admiral Primo of Thir - Altmer | Templar | Aldmeri Dominion |
    Primo I - Imperial | Dragon Knight | Ebonhart Pact |

The strategic advantage developed by good warriors is like the movement of a round stone, rolling down a mountain 300 meters high. The force required is negligible; the result, spectacular.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever an NPC says "Since we're friends now cuz we're working together and I trust you lots I'll stay here and cover you. .w. go forth champion! I'll meet up with you soon!"

I just want to tell them "No, nooooo get away from me. Go home! Go hoooommmeee D: You'll DIE YOU'LL DIIIEEEEE"
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I DO like those quests where you get the choice to NOT have them killed.
    Edited by Volkodav on January 19, 2016 5:34AM