The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS Please fix the scaling and group system. Thanks!

tamedbeast
tamedbeast
✭✭✭
I love the answers people always give for this..

"It scales" (Yeah, we already know that hence the title)

This is the most BS answer, and just for majority of these naysayers information, the scaling system is broken and not very well thought out or implemented. The grouping system has always been terrible, but I find since I came back again after not playing for 8 months that it's actually got worse.

Let me give you an example as to why it is.

1. When you get into the dungeon with someone that's higher level then you, there are major disadvantages as a lower level player even if it scales your gear and stats. What it doesn't do it give you more skills or champion skills, which may I remind you the other players have that are in your group, this causes a lot of problems because you can't use your most powerful skills because you have not yet unlocked them meaning if you're a DPS you put out less powerful spells, or if you're a healer you can't heal as well, or if your a tank you have less buffs and spells to your advantage, therefore making the dungeon near impossible to do. This really needs to be addressed by ZOS as the grouping system is worse than it use to be. You can't scale this as a one size fits all scenario and it's painfully obvious.

Everyone is under the assumption that every player is old and should know how to play, but a lot of players are new and trying to do "NORMAL" dungeons end up with a handful of pain because of the scaling issues. If 100's of people make threads about this and 100's of people complain about it, then there is probably a problem and it should be addressed.

So please so everyone a favor and fix this system, scaling for people under Vet level is bad. Groupig has been a major issue for almost 2 years already, do something about it.

Thanks!
Edited by tamedbeast on January 14, 2016 7:07PM
  • PlantersLogi
    PlantersLogi
    ✭✭
    At least you're getting into them. 5:30pm EST and I've been waiting an hour to get into the starter dungeons. I can't remember the last time I had to wait an hour in an mmo, oh actually I do, Skyforge, another mmo that scaled up instead down; and spawned a slew of complaints about the difficulty for lower players.

I'm sensing a pattern here
  • tamedbeast
    tamedbeast
    ✭✭✭
    At least you're getting into them. 5:30pm EST and I've been waiting an hour to get into the starter dungeons. I can't remember the last time I had to wait an hour in an mmo, oh actually I do, Skyforge, another mmo that scaled up instead down; and spawned a slew of complaints about the difficulty for lower players.

I'm sensing a pattern here

Indeed they failed to provide a proper grouping system and know they've screwed up, yet they do very little to fix it, rather they make it worse.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Its getting fixed again, soon i hope cause i do agree it is a terrible system.
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • tamedbeast
    tamedbeast
    ✭✭✭
    Its getting fixed again, soon i hope cause i do agree it is a terrible system.

Where did you read it was getting fixed? Any link to this confirmation ?
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    In the News Feed where the guy tells you whats planned for this year
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    It says Group Finder 2 goes live with Thieves Guild