The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sanguine's Black Goat

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
So um... its a bug or this goat is supposed to have glowing eyes? To be honest he had once. Since yesterday, he not have.

9fYgfrH.jpg
OWZNrbS.jpg

• Gregory_Poet
    Gregory_Poet
    Soul Shriven
    I was going to ask the same thing! I'm guessing that there is something that triggers the goat's eyes to glow but I've yet to figure out what it is. . . .
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the goat's description in the Crown Store, I believe it is a feature.

The awesome thing about it is that ZOS didn't straight-up tell us about this feature. They hinted it on the description, but they priced the goat as much as the cheaper pets and they put it under the "domestic" tab instead of under the "daedric" tab, which makes most players think that the description is just fluff and that the goat is completely normal.

Honestly this is the best thing ever.
    Edited by Abeille on January 13, 2016 12:12AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    So um... its a bug or this goat is supposed to have glowing eyes? To be honest he had once. Since yesterday, he not have.

9fYgfrH.jpg
    OWZNrbS.jpg

It does seem to randomly come and go (the glowing red eyes). I don't know if that is working as intended or a bug of some kind.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    His eyes glow when he drinks the blood of your enemies.
    PC/EU DC
  • LBC_Demon
    LBC_Demon
    ✭✭
    Sanguine means blood-red. I had been wondering about the description and the name. Cheeky cheeky.

Sangre is the Spanish word for blood.
    Edited by LBC_Demon on January 14, 2016 3:09PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LBC_Demon wrote: »
    Sanguine means blood-red. I had been wondering about the description and the name. Cheeky cheeky.

Sangre is the Spanish word for blood.

Sanguine is the Daedric Prince of Debauchery. His quests are, as expected, lots of fun, which puts him at the top of my list of favorite Daedric Princes (along with Hermaeus Mora).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    Does the goat actually whisper like it says in the description?
  • LBC_Demon
    LBC_Demon
    ✭✭
    I don't know but my goat has the glowing eyes right now and I didn't kill anyone and my guild mate's is also glowing and he was doing his writs so it's not off of feeding.

It must be timed and the same time for everyone.
  • Rozyn
    Rozyn
    ✭✭
    I thought maybe my goat's eyes triggered when I did something darker. First time it went off when I accidentally killed a guard (I've since turned that setting off) and today they started glowing after I chose to kill an NPC at the end of a quest. Guess it's just random, but I'm going to keep pretending it's due to my naughty misdeeds. >.<
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    LindsC wrote: »
    Does the goat actually whisper like it says in the description?

Nope, unfortunately.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His eyes glowing again now. :D

4erVtDo.jpg
    Edited by WeerW3ir on January 16, 2016 1:17PM
  • therealAST
    Anyone know how this relates to the Werewolf or the Vampire????? Crazy mine glows red on a schedule... hint hint
    "Gaming since the ball was square!"

And running around Tamriel for over a decade!
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think it has anything to do with location or what you are doing. Mine glowed today in Davon's Watch while running around generally doing nothing, and again while fishing in Wrothar.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    i didn't saw mine glowing for a few days now.. would love to know how the timers are or how to trigger :D
    i mean.. it's just pure evil when it stands behind you with those eyes
    maybe it has something to do with the moon phases..? :D
    Edited by DemonDruaga on January 22, 2016 1:38AM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since Sanguine means "blood red",his eyes should be glowing red. :}
    Edited by Volkodav on January 22, 2016 8:51AM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed my goat's eyes glowing for the first time while I stealing things. I though maybe that was the trigger but after trying again the next day they didn't glow.

I also swear I heard a whisper after killing a general at a dolmen. It was too quiet to make out what it said over Molag Bal's booming voice and I'm not even entirely sure if it was the goat whispering, so...
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    I just got the goat, what time or day do they start glowing? If there isn't a specific time, when did it's eyes start glowing for you? After reading this thread I just had to get it, to go with my evil Nightblade I plan on making when it gets closer to the upcoming Thieves Guild DLC.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. Everyone is wrong! i have the answer! His eyes is glowing once per week on that day when you bought him. only for some hour.
  • LBC_Demon
    LBC_Demon
    ✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    Okay. Everyone is wrong! i have the answer! His eyes is glowing once per week on that day when you bought him. only for some hour.
    I don't believe so. Mine didn't glow the day I bought it. My guild mate and I have ours glowing at the same time and he bought it way after me.
  • mtmeade3b14_ESO
    Lots of good theories here. Wish I could figure it out. I LOVE my Sanguine Goat and with my Wolf mount that also has red glowing eyes, I look damn cool when they are both glowing at the same time. Well, the wolf's eyes are always red but if I could figure out why the Goat's eyes glow it would be nice.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine glowed when I was killing daedra once.
    But then once his eyes started glowing when there weren't any daedra around, so the mystery continues. >:)
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    The description mentioned he was used in black sacraments and sacrifices I believe. Though it's been a while now since I got him. Love the glowing eyes. One of my favorite pets only bested by the loon. The random goat noises are awesome when you're sneaking around and he just neigh out of nowhere. XD
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HINT: becoming a vampire
    Edited by Kodrac on March 27, 2017 7:47PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Goats Eyes glow periodically. I am not sure of the period, but it is about once a week. I don't think it is a full moon, unless it is the full moon of the game, not of the real world. In fact, if it was the game, that would be about once a week given the time scale.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing this thread back up..... So it's known now that the goat has something to do with the werewolf and vampire bite timer or something like that.. what I'm wanting to know is if there are any other non combat pets that do special things like this that anyone knows of?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people think it has to do with the moon cycle in game, but it also might be random. If its eyes are glow red for you, everybody who owns one will also have its eyes glowing at the same time. I have one and it's one of my favorite pets. :)

The Dire Pony's eyes also glow red randomly, but it's not like how Sanguine's Goat eyes glow.
    Edited by SisterGoat on January 23, 2018 7:42AM
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭

it's cute how everyone is kind of answering but not answering the original poster.

The goat's eyes glow when the bloodfiends are out. They are the enemy mobs that when bitten will give you vampirism. Yes, it does relate to the moons in that bloodfiends are only out on moonless nights. most of this info is mentioned in online guides. the goat has been cited in a few of them as a good indicator of when you might be able to find bloodfiends (if they haven't been ruthlessly murdered by other players :D )

Likewise the werewolf mobs are only out on full moon nights iirc.
    Edited by Living_Ded on January 23, 2018 10:56AM
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty upset that my white ritual goat doesn't do this :( Skipped Sanguine's goat because I already had the brown one, and picked up the white with crown gems when I saw the description was similar. Would've definitely gone for Sanguine's if I knew the eyes glow.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goat's eyes glow red corresponding to nights when vampires that can give the player vampirism spawn. When the hosts wires glow, and it's night in game go to the spawn points in Reapers March, Bangkorai or the Rift.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on January 23, 2018 3:16PM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Black Phillip!! That goat is a Witch!!!