Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting buddy - Is it important what the platform of your crafting buddies are?

abloke999
abloke999
I am always for crafting buddies for my characters, I have notice that many players looking for other crafter's mention the platform they are using... is it important? I have assumed when you buy or sell items in a player Guild store that the game servers look after all the details, making platform requirement between players redundant. Is this a correct assumption on my part? Or is that because I purchase hard to get tempers/runes from a Guild store?

My platform is a Dell Alienware PC maxed out, Windows 10 Pro if that info is required. (same comp as Sheldon's in Big Bang Theory)

I am looking for crafting buddies, in woodworking, clothing and enchanting. I have three characters or toons the highest level being a Dragonknight Nord Pytor, his combat skills are fairly high @ 44, but his crafting skills are only @ lvl 15 - 25. Clothing 15, Woodwork 20, Enchanting 24.

My 2 other characters are new builds I am playing with in sorcery, a high elf and a Breton. They are both @ lvl 5 - 15 approx in crafting.

Is anyone interested in exchanging/trading clothing, woodwork staffs or Enchanting Runes? I have been using player controlled Guilds for obtaining hard to find tempers and runes (Mastic, Pora etc). Please let me know if you're interested so we can mail within the game to each other.

cheers abloke999
Melbourne - Australia
Nord - Pytor (ancient Nord for Peter) Ebonheart Lvl 44
High Elf - Vikaars Lokisohn Aldmeri Lvl 14
Breton Sorceror - Garth Vandersyyn Daggerfall Lvl 8
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people mention platform, they are talking about PC, Xbox or PS4. They each play on their own server and can't mingle.
  • abloke999
    abloke999
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    When people mention platform, they are talking about PC, Xbox or PS4. They each play on their own server and can't mingle.

So if my toon goes into the bank and opens up the guild store and buys stuff, like Mastic or whatever, it's coming from another user only on the NA PC server? Have I gotten this right or am I being obtuse?

cheers abloke999

Melbourne - Australia
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abloke999 wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

So if my toon goes into the bank and opens up the guild store and buys stuff, like Mastic or whatever, it's coming from another user only on the NA PC server? Have I gotten this right or am I being obtuse?

cheers abloke999

Yes, you can only play with other people on the NA PC server.

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @abloke999: There are two divisions that are important when looking for a crafting buddy or direct in game help.
    One is the game platform as mentioned above, the other is the region, NA or EU. You don't and can't cross platform and region boundaries when doing any in-game mailing or buying/selling on Guild Stores.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • abloke999
    abloke999
    @abloke999: There are two divisions that are important when looking for a crafting buddy or direct in game help.
    One is the game platform as mentioned above, the other is the region, NA or EU. You don't and can't cross platform and region boundaries when doing any in-game mailing or buying/selling on Guild Stores.

I wasn't aware of the trading, e.i PC -> PC, XBox -> XBox etc., so thanks for that info, I had assumed (incorrectly) that the servers took care of all the details of the item being traded through the guild stores. Now I understand properly the request noting platform and region. So thank you for clearing that up for me, join the NA PC Trading Guilds - <got it>

Thank you again for reply, help and suggestions, much appreciated :^)
    Melbourne - Australia