Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling up trouble

MUSTACHMAN654
MUSTACHMAN654
✭✭
Hi, I am a level 37 orc dragonight that is eager to start exploring the territories of the ebonheart pact and altmeri dominion. I have came to the conclusion that I am not obtaining experience points from battling enemies or completing quests. To me, this is a major problem, because I feel that I need to explore new locations other than the territory owned by the Daggerfall Covenant faction. Ever since I was a Skyrim fanatic, I have been dreaming of exploring the many exotic lands of Tamriel such as Elsywere and the Summerset isles, but never got the chance to do so. I have become familiar that I must become level 50, and complete the main ESO quest line with defeating the Daedric lord Molag Bal aswell, but I am terrified of facing the dark lord, and for some reason I am not being supplied with any experience points. Can any of you assist me with my problem.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to explore other alliances you can creat alts in them.
    Are you sure you have completed the previous maps completely?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which DC zones have you completed, and are you doing all the quests you find or just the main ones? If any of your skills are increasing in level at all, you are getting XP. If you are on PC, there are several addons that can show you exactly how much XP you get from killing enemies, opening chests, etc. Bear in mind if you are too high level for the quests you are doing, XP will be minimal and eventually non-existent.

You won't face Molag Bal for a while yet, and you'll have some help. Don't be afraid of this quest.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    If you want to explore other alliances you can creat alts in them.
    Are you sure you have completed the previous maps completely?

Yes, but I would like to stick to my current character for I have done much progress with him

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests always give you experience, but doing a low level quest as a high level character will make it seem like nothing. Mobs only give you experience if they're within 5 levels above or 5 levels below you. As a level 37, you should get experience from monsters levels 32-42. I'd suggest doing one of three things to level up: 1. Go back to your zones that have enemies level 32-42 and quest in there, 2. Go to the Imperial City and kill stuff there, or 3. Go to Orsinium and quest there. Also make sure you're doing the main quest and mages and fighters guild quests. There's plenty of content in your alliance's zone to get you past 50 and into veteran ranks.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Which DC zones have you completed, and are you doing all the quests you find or just the main ones? If any of your skills are increasing in level at all, you are getting XP. If you are on PC, there are several addons that can show you exactly how much XP you get from killing enemies, opening chests, etc. Bear in mind if you are too high level for the quests you are doing, XP will be minimal and eventually non-existent.

You won't face Molag Bal for a while yet, and you'll have some help. Don't be afraid of this quest.

I have adventured through all of the Daggerfall covenant zones except Camlorn, and I have also done many orsinium quests aswell. Do you have any grinding locations or good quests that would comply to my level?
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please all, dont feed the trolls
    We used to get to lvl 50 before facing Molag Bal before the first major update after release and its just that much easier to lvl up now. It is impossible to have completed all alliance zones (starter) + Orsinium (which got me from v7 to v10) and just be lvl 37. Logic. *Completing a zone means getting the max quest achievment from that zone, not just the 5 or so mainquest segments.

Edit: Or on the contrary, do feed, do feed *grabs popcorn*

Edited by Spacemonkey on January 12, 2016 9:33PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're getting a bit ahead of yourself here. The Ebonheart Zones for a DC player is a VR6 zone, and you can only get there after you've completed all the Aldmeri Dominion faction quests. (referred to as Cadwell's Silver, and Gold respectively) If you're afraid to face Molag Bal, just know even the smaller enemies int hose zones would wreck you just as badly at your current level. SO, your options are to either create alts to just sort of explore each area, or really focus on the faction quest, while also doing the guild quests as well. You'll get there in time, and as a plus as you're completeing full questlines you'll get skill points to make you that much stronger. The game is HUGE, there's no rush, take your time and explore what you can, quest where you can, and you'll level up faster than doing just mindless grinding.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    But what quests should I complete that will help me obtain the experience I need to level up?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But what quests should I complete that will help me obtain the experience I need to level up?

If you're level 37 in DC then you should be questing in the Alik'r Desert. Look around, there are quests all over the place, and delves, and world bosses and dolmens, and don't forget the public dungeons.

There's no way you can be under-leveled if you complete even half of what is available.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the destinations addon that shows quest, my first time through I was under leveled and missed a lot dungeons and side quests
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I have adventured through all of the Daggerfall covenant zones except Camlorn, and I have also done many orsinium quests aswell. Do you have any grinding locations or good quests that would comply to my level?

Camlorn is a city in Glenumbra, not a whole zone. Normal leveling progress is that you do Betnikh, Glenumbra, Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Alik'r Desert and Bangkorai, then move on to Coldharbour. If you've been through all those zones, you missed a lot of content then. There are roughly 40ish quests per zone. Did you do all the dolmens, public dungeons and world bosses as well? They have a lot of XP.

Not everyone wants to quest, some people grind to max level so they can go PvP. I can be of no help with grinding. But if you are playing for the story content, there are addons that show undiscovered locations, quest givers and more. They may help you find the content you missed. Or use this page as a guide:
    http://esohead.com/zones#alliance:3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would use destinations - addon in its setting there's show quest giver and other options
    There's a lot side and mini quests in dungeons and randomly in the world as you explore.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so i REALLY dont understand your issue...

You say you have completed all of the DC areas, ALL?

At level 37 you be in Bangkorai or Al'ikr Desert,
    Stro's Mkai lvl 1 - 5
    Bethnik lvl 5 -8
    Glenumbra lvl 8 -15
    Rivenspire lvl 15 - 30
    Bangkorai lvl 30 - 38
    Al'ikr Desert lvl 38 - 45
    Coldharbour...lvl 45 - 50

These are the areas you should have completed with roughly the level on entering and exiting that area.

If you are level 37 and still in Rivenspire then you will not be gaining much xp, if any,
    you need to get to bangkorai or Al'ikr Desert..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    ...and don't worry about Molog Bal, I feared my wimpy healer-templar (level 50 at the time) would just fall apart, but she did it with no problems. He's 'all-mouth-no-trousers'.

Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Okay so i REALLY dont understand your issue...

You say you have completed all of the DC areas, ALL?

At level 37 you be in Bangkorai or Al'ikr Desert,
    Stro's Mkai lvl 1 - 5
    Bethnik lvl 5 -8
    Glenumbra lvl 8 -15
    Rivenspire lvl 15 - 30
    Bangkorai lvl 30 - 38
    Al'ikr Desert lvl 38 - 45
    Coldharbour...lvl 45 - 50

These are the areas you should have completed with roughly the level on entering and exiting that area.

If you are level 37 and still in Rivenspire then you will not be gaining much xp, if any,
    you need to get to bangkorai or Al'ikr Desert..

But how do I gain access to Coldharbor without doing any of the main quests?
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But how do I gain access to Coldharbor without doing any of the main quests?

the two quest lines, your Alliance & the Main Story are intertwined...
    without getting spoilery, the Alliance side starts you on your way to Cold Harbor.
    those quests are lvl 43.

which means You need to work at getting sent to Bankorai for on level quests & enemies.
    I'm not sure what would happen if you skip a map (Alik'r Desert), but you could just try walking across the bridge from Weeping Giant in Stormhaven to Evermore in Bankorai & report in.

Sergeant Antieve would be your first contact in Evermore at the West Gate.
    Good luck!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do any quests that are either five levels above you or only five below you and you'll get XP.Also goto Wrothgar for good XP.
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Just join a guild with a lot of members and if any of them are in coldharbor, travel to them. You're probably in good lower bankori range though.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest