Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New and need help!:)

YouSmellLikeNuts
hey I'm new to this really wanna get into it but I don't have a clue what I'm doing! My elderscrolls names is yousmelllikenuts
  • Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭
    Hi @YouSmellLikeNuts Are you on PC, xbox or ps? and also what mega server are you on? (NA or EU?)
    "Corporal, Whats a Corporal?" #1 AAFC quote

*NA PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - {Sir Notsodps} *Vampire* *PVE/Trials* *DPS*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Emma Hearth} *Vampire* *PVE orientated* *Crafter*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Sir Notsotankalot} *PVP/PVE orientated* *Tank*
    *Edonheart Pact - {Abcaac} *PVP orientated* *Warden Tank*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - Soon!
    *Daggerfall covenant - Soon!
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, also what alliance are u in as well
  • Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭
    Hi, also what alliance are u in as well

^^ That too :smiley:
    "Corporal, Whats a Corporal?" #1 AAFC quote

*NA PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - {Sir Notsodps} *Vampire* *PVE/Trials* *DPS*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Emma Hearth} *Vampire* *PVE orientated* *Crafter*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Sir Notsotankalot} *PVP/PVE orientated* *Tank*
    *Edonheart Pact - {Abcaac} *PVP orientated* *Warden Tank*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - Soon!
    *Daggerfall covenant - Soon!
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important advice I can give you: go to the starter island before you start questing in the zone where you wake up after the tutorial.

If you're Daggerfall Covenant there should be a quest giver right across the street from the house you wake up in. Go talk to her, and then follow the quest marker to the ship that will take you to Stros M'kai.

If you're Aldmeri Dominion there should be a quest giver on the deck of the ship you wake up in. Go talk to him, and then follow the quest marker to the boat that will take you to Khenarthi's Roost.

If you're Ebonheart Pact there should be a quest giver a little ways to the right of the house that you wake up in. Go talk to him, and then follow the quest marker to the boat that will take you to Bleakrock Isle.

When you get to your alliance's starter island (the 1st of 2 smaller starter zones if you're DC or EP - AD only has 1 starter zone, but it's bigger) do the quests there, grab the skyshards, and explore. The quests there are designed to basically teach you how to play the game, including introducing some common quest mechanics (like wearing disguises), and they're balanced for a brand new level 3-4 character with very little gear. Doing everything in the starter islands should get you to about level 8, get you some fairly decent gear, get you a few skill points from skyshards, and introduce you to some interesting characters who you'll meet again later on in your alliance's storyline.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    Hey sorry slow replys I'm on eu servers and I'm not even started a character yet didn't know what to pick didn't wanna mess it up?
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    On Mac book so pc?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry too much about messing it up. If you have friends who already play, then find out what alliance they play in (or which one they mostly play in if they have multiple characters across the alliances), and make your character in that alliance. If you don't know anyone who already plays, then don't worry about that.

Some races are considered to be better than others based on the passive abilities that they get, but if you're not planning on being a hardcore elite player, it's not going to make much difference, so don't worry about it and pick a race you think is cool.

All classes can do all roles, but some have an easier time of certain roles than others. Dragonknights have an easier time tanking than other classes, Templars have an easier time healing, and Nightblades and Sorcerers generally have an easier time being damage dealers. All of them can do any of those 3 roles, though, depending on how you build the character, so maybe think a little bit about how you'd prefer to play the game and pick your class based somewhat on that, but don't worry about having picked the "wrong" class if you later find you'd prefer to play a different way, because you can always switch up your build later and play a different way.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    Yeah I wanna be like a healer because I'm pretty bad at games thanks!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes time, you will learn how to use your character(s)
    Templar is a good class I have a vet 3 Templar that leveled so fast.
    The self heals help a lot esp in boss battles in storylines.
    She now a dps/ healer with heals on second skills line.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I wanna be like a healer because I'm pretty bad at games thanks!
    I'd suggest you make a Templar then. Like I said, you can do any role with any class, but a magicka-based Templar is the easiest one to do a healer role with, and there are 2 skills you get access to early on that make solo questing a breeze: Puncturing Strikes (the first skill available in the Aedric Spear skill line - when you've leveled the skill up you'll want to morph it into Puncturing Sweeps) and Sun Fire (the first skill available in the Dawn's Wrath skill line - when you've leveled up the skill you'll want to morph it into Reflective Light).

With those 2 skills alone you'll easily be able to take on the groups of 2-4 mobs that are common throughout the game, and you'll be able to deal with most bosses using them too. Combine those with Rushed Ceremony (the first skill available in the Restoring Light skill line - when you've leveled it up you'll want to morph it into Breath of Life if you'll be playing with groups) for your emergency heal, and you'll have an easy time leveling.

In my opinion a magicka-based Templar is by far the most forgiving and easy class to play through the PVE zones with.

But frankly, pick a class that sounds cool to you and that fits your play style. If you don't like it, make a new character of a different class and see if you like that better.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    The best advice I can give you is to play the game. As stated above, all classes can fill any role (tank. healer, dps) but if you want to play a healer hands down best class is Templar. Nightblades also can make good healers and I've healed group content with a sorcerer, but templars have the best class skills for healing. The Templar skill lines also give you options for doing damage and also for tanking.

If you are not aware of the concept of tank/healer/dps roles, these mostly apply to running group content. (which you will want to do, they are some of the most fun parts of the game and are a good way to make in-game friends) When you are playing solo you really have to play all 3 roles to some extent.

One thing you will want to do is join some player guilds. You can join up to 5. (fighters. mages, and undaunted do not count towards this total) You will find that this community is very supportive in general. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. Whether it be in guild chat, zone chat, or here on the forums you will find someone willing to help out.

Here are a few links that you might find useful

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki
    A website that has lots of good info on the game particularly on crafting and gear sets and much more.

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    the home for ESO addons.

A few general tips if you are new to the game. Mobility is important as you play. If you stand in one place. you will die. Especially important to stay out of those red circles. (AoE or area of effect damage will occur) Don't be afraid to try different skill/gear/attribute combinations until you find what works for you. You can reset your skills and attributes in-game at a shrine. (available in second zone in each alliance) Give yourself some time to learn the mechanics of the game. There are many ways to go about building your character, it's just a question of finding how you enjoy playing the game. Most of all have fun.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    you guys are all so helpful!! Just made a human Templar! I'm playing now level 6 do you guys know if you plug a headset in if everyone on that server can hear you?
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    I need to join a guild lol dunno what I'm going running around doing random quests :)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you guys are all so helpful!! Just made a human Templar! I'm playing now level 6 do you guys know if you plug a headset in if everyone on that server can hear you?

If you are on PC/Mac, no, there is no voice chat. You'll need a 3rd party program like TeamSpeak, and then you can voice communicate with other people on the same channel.
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    Thanks ahah was talking to myself for the last 3 hours then haha
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to join a guild lol dunno what I'm going running around doing random quests :)
    Check out this section of the forums to find a guild or two:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/en-pc-mac-eu
    I would send you an invite to a guild I'm in that's nice and friendly for new players, but I'm on a different server.

Also, running around doing random quests is kind of what you're expected to do when you're starting out. You'll do a lot of it later too. If you're interested in PVP you can start doing that at level 10, but it might be worth waiting at least until level 15 when you have unlocked weapon swapping. The same goes for group dungeons - actually technically you could start doing group dungeons at level 3 or 4 if you really wanted to, but it would go very very badly.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • YouSmellLikeNuts
    Yeah I think I just managed to do a dungeon kept dying straight away yeah no one seems to be eu servers if I'm in England can I still use other servers?