The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO: Journey of the Three

Samsayia
Samsayia
✭✭✭
Summary:
A generic hero paladin, an annoyed lizard wizard, and a thief that always gets caught team up to stop the Worm Cult's next move.

Not a short story, but certainly worth the read if you like reading some action adventure. The following link goes to Inkitt which is an online publishing site. Rather than post the text here, Inkitt's website has proper online reading formatting. Check the left hand side of the screen to adjust text size, and background color to allow for better online reading. They don't have an app yet, but they have formatted their website to allow Ipad/mobile reading while still allowing reading formatting.

http://www.inkitt.com/stories/54860?utm_source=shared_web

If you like it let me know! It's not finished just yet. And it is a work in progress.

Reddxx - Redd @Samsayia
Temjin - Temjin @Anomnioid
Tells-Long-Stories - Tells-Long-Stories @Hawkmoth
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Great job so far! Very good writing.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
    Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    @Feisty_Khajiit128 Thanks ^____^

Chapter 6 is done drafting but needs revision and editing.
    So update coming soon :3 Next few days. Will bump when it's up on Inkitt. Also thanks for bearing with me posting it on Inkitt. It just bodes better for reading formatting. Not that the ESO forum formatting isn't any good, it's fine, but it's not made for lengthy stories xD
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Chapter 6 is live and available to read ^__^ same link at the top works. Chapter 7 is partially drafted. Update will prolly be next week.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Chapter 7 is up :3

I'm sure peeps can guess who the hooded figure might be. Truth be told, his armor alone is the sole inspiration for this story. If there's ever a day it gets released in the cash shop, this whole website is gonna lose its mind. I know I'd be buying it in a heartbeat, even if turns out to be like everyone going to the mall wearing the same t-shirt.

Chappy 8 is about halfway drafted I gotta add two more scenes to it and then do revision. I've gone back and fixed a few chapters, just minor word choice errors, technical errors. Small stoofs.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm.....I was going to release chapter eight.

o__O but I just got into a conference in New York with my book. I have an original novel that I've been working on for a year+ and I pitched to a huge conference in New York with a bit of a "EH I probably won't get in." I woke up today sick as hell and called out of work only to check my email and see that I got in.

So uh....I will come back and finish this fanfic because I already have a sequel outlined and this story is almost done. But uh, yeah priorities. I have to add a good 40k words to my manuscript over the next month to be ready for the conference.

D: bye online gaming life

Seriously though, there's only like 10 chapters cuz I usually finish stories at about 10 chapters. Chapter nine is the finale and chapter 10 wraps it up and then there's a short epilogue.
    Edited by Samsayia on February 4, 2016 4:20PM
  • wskill
    wskill
    ✭✭
    hmmm i dont like lizard wizards but ohwell.
    (i have to be honest and say im not going to read a book of text, not that im not interested but atm still have alot of writing to do myself and dont want to be distracted, just came by because you linked this thread in a post on my love/hate per char' topic)
    server: EU. platform: PS4. psn: Calamaistr (empty FR will be deleted)

Wskill: Breton, as nb, bow, alchemy, tailor, woodsman. pec: hooded.
    -
    Ipos: Redguard, strm sor, mace & shield, enchanter. pec: beard and mohawk.
    -
    Friend: Altmer, siph nb, healstaff, sage. pec: slim.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    lol that's perfectly fine XD

Like I said in my previous post int his thread I'm very busy myself, so I understand what you mean. My conference is less than a month away and I still have the final two chapters to finish up with my original work. Then I need to have at least the first chapter revised, and revised repeatedly too. New york is a place where you either make it or drown in the endless competition, so I'm giving it my all and I've stopped working on this little fanfiction in the meantime.

but thanks for coming by to check it out anyway~
    Edited by Samsayia on February 15, 2016 10:14PM
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Back from my trip and I've learned a lot. I actually did really well and the trip was worth everything - I left with no unanswered questions about how to get an original piece of work sold. The editors poked a lot of holes and showed my biggest flaws as a writer are in my antagonists. I have too many sub-antags and not one powerful glaring antag that the reader learns and burns to hate and wanna see them taken out. I'm glad to discover this because it's a relief to know what I should be working on.

That being said, there are a lot of flaws in this fanfic story and somethings conflict too heavily with the elder scrolls lore which wasn't my intention but I had not yet completed all the main story lines in-game. I am forcing myself to take a break from my book for a week, especially after writing in 60k words to get it finished in the week leading up to the conference.

So in the mean time I am taking this fanfic project down for re-writing/plotting while I practice tightening up a plot line and bringing an antagonist to the forefront~

Not sure if anyone cares (and that's fine if so cuz this is all practice for me) but I'll post when I bring it back up in a week or so maybe a little longer.