Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Infused on weapons

Drakilian
Drakilian
✭✭✭
I was just wondering if infused worked on weapon/spell damage enchants (increasing the amount of weapon and spell damage received from te enchant), and if this could make infused a feasible alternative to one of the more popular traits like sharpened or precise?
Just call me Drak
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it boosts the enchant you put on it. So put a Flame Glpyh and you get xx% more Flame damage from it. If that answers your question?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Drakilian wrote: »
    I was just wondering if infused worked on weapon/spell damage enchants (increasing the amount of weapon and spell damage received from te enchant), and if this could make infused a feasible alternative to one of the more popular traits like sharpened or precise?

Weapon and Spell damage glyphs can only be applied to jewelry.

EDIT: There is Glyph of Weapon Damage when proc'd boost weapon damage for 5 seconds
    Edited by Tallowby on January 11, 2016 4:14PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with the Enchants is the Cool Down on them proccing. I think it is 4 seconds, but it might be something else, I don't pay all that much attention to it. I do know from the Combat Log that the enchant does not fire all that often in a fight. So I see it as just some extra damage that helps me out, rather than something to rely on.

I would think that Precise or Sharpened or even Nirnhorned would be a trait that you get more out of, as it applies to each and every attack, not one every few seconds.

If anything, the one that reduces the cool down timer would be more beneficial than Infused if you want the enchant to have more of an effect in a fight. But I have not tested this with the flying numbers to see if it is better or not or the same over all.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    I am specifically talking about the weapon enchant that grants you a temporary increase to weapon Damage.
    Just call me Drak
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakilian wrote: »
    I am specifically talking about the weapon enchant that grants you a temporary increase to weapon Damage.

I am sure the Min Maxers would be touting this as the end all of Enchants if it were the case. If the timer on the effect is 5 seconds, and the cool down is 4 seconds* then this is something that would be up all the time or almost all the time. A permenent boost during combat as it were.

However you can easily test this. In fact, it should reflect in your character sheet if it's procced like Power Surge does. Make some white weapons and base enchants (no need to use Purples or Golds here) and see what the difference is in your character sheet. You will have to pull it up during combat, so that will be a bit tricky, unless you have an addon that shows this information.

It sounds like it could be a good combo, I would be amazed if everyone had overlooked this if could give you a nice steady boost to weapon damage along with the Infused trait. Heck, maybe they did over look it as the other enchant related traits are mostly underwhelming.

• Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's obvious that it would boost weapon damage, I'm just wondering if that boost to weapon damage is going to be high enough to be more valuable than the increase in penetration. I guess it would depend on how high your weapon damage already is, since the sharpened/nirmhoned traits increase your overall damage by a percentage (ignoring mitigation), meaning that the higher your weapon damage already is, the better penetration is compared to more weapon damage. Was just wondering if anyone had tested it out.
    Just call me Drak
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    If no infused then what should I put on weapons? I am looking at multiple weapons when I ask this question. What setup is good for burst, what is good for sustained DPS and what is best for boss fights? Also what are the recommendations for enchantments such say life drain vs poison or some other element?
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Hakejo(prismatic is good) alot of end game content is deadra focus vmsa round 1,6,8,9 prison, wgt, coa

Infused on weps is good not great but good, i personally go with warrior mundus instead of thief so if i dont have evel hunter on my crit is under 50% so i always put precise on my weps
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mansome wrote: »
    Also what are the recommendations for enchantments such say life drain vs poison or some other element?

General consensus is Poison for PvE and Disease for PvP. When I Dual Wield, I put one of each on my weapons.

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon damage enchant is 174 weapon damage if using a gold VR16 glyph. Infused would add 20% more. So that would be about 35 extra weapon damage. When buffed with Major/Minor Brutality, Flawless Dawnbreaker, Medium Armor passive, etc., etc., you are probably looking at an extra 50 weapon damage. Even if you have an astronomical amount of weapon damage like 5000 (which is pretty much impossible to achieve), that extra 50 is only 1% more of the weapon damage stat. And actual damage comes from a combo of weapon damage stat and max stamina stat. So in the end, that Infused trait is getting you maybe 0.5% more damage. Which does not hold a candle to the extra damage of 7% crit from Precise or the Armor/Spell penetration from Sharpened and Nirnhoned.