Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Max on traits

s504534b14_ESO
s504534b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
@Zenimax
What is the max for each trait when crafting armor and weapons. how many for each or is it based on the stat its self?

Ex Divines - max 4 pieces
or
Ex Divines - having the boon of the mage and the effects stop once you hit X amount of magica.

if you are not part of zenimax please post a link for proof of your answer.

Weapon Traits

Powered
Charged
Precise
Infused
Defending
Training
Sharpened
Weighted
Nirnhoned

Armor Traits

Sturdy
Impenetrable
Reinforced
Well-Fitted
Training
Infused
Exploration
Divines
Nirnhoned
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those traits don't have max caps in and of themselves. For example, I can make the strongest possible infused armor...the game is designed to allow me to pile on as many of those as I have body space for.

There are some, but very few, hard caps in the game. You're veeeeeeeeeery unlikely to hit one unless you have max champion points dumped into one specific category. You can look up hard caps, but there's a 99.99% chance you should just not worry about it.

no one is going to be able to prove this answer, because finding caps only occurs through testing. And zenimax doesn't publish what the caps are or verify them at all, so you won't get guidance from them. The best proof you'll get is to continue piling traits on. When you put on another infused piece, is your health/stam/mag going up by the expected amount? If yes, there's your proof it's working.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zenimax
    What is the max for each trait when crafting armor and weapons.

7 for Armors, 8 if you have a Shield

1 for each weapon, so 2 if you Dual Wield, but if you have a shield, your not going to Dual Wield.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"