Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crafting survey - absurdity

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If I have 9/10 skill points invested into lvl 50 crafting ability (e.g. woodworking which means I can use nightwood and it is the only mat used for doing the crafting writs) and obtain a survey from crafting writs, why do I find lower level mats like ash or mahogany? I should find only nightwood, i.e. the mat necessary for the completion of crafting writs, corresponding to the actual amount of skill points invested into the given crafting ability... Does it really work as intended?
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn survey reports have always dropped mahogany and ash. Has been this way since day 1. BS and cloth surveys in craglorn likewise have always dropped lower level matts as well.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because when you reach the rank of V1+ the 7/10 and 8/10 crafting writs also take place in Craglorn.
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If so, I think it should be changed and the nodes from the surveys should scale to the number of skill points invested into the given crafting ability. What's the point in obtaining the lower level mats while I need higher level ones most of the time. In other words, we should get only those mats which need to be used to complete the crafting writ (which always scales to the crafting ability).
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was already fully maxed before writs started so I can't speak for the lower levels, but Craglorn writs always gave a mix of the top three levels of materials (for instance nightwood, ash and mahogany).

Now, with the increase in level and the introduction of Wrothgar, the top level surveys give only the top two levels of materials (ruby ash and nightwood).
    Options