Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Drinks

veerlen
veerlen
Surilie Syrah wine I don't still find it I know every 20 min restock
I can't find it also no of my friends, guild store have it?
Can someone help me out it for crafting leveling
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to find that exact recipe is to look it from guild vendors. It should cost less than 100g.

But you don't need to be stuck on writs. Just harvest/buy the ingredients and search recipes. Loot all containers like backpacks, cabinets, trunks etc for recipes, or search in guild vendors. Look first this forum post and open the spreadsheet of all recipes. Look at the second Lv column. Search those recipes, which have Lv (meaning level of player eating the food) 15. Any recipe at that level is ok. You can pick lower levels too, but they give significantly less inspiration points. Make those foods, e.g. pan fried trout.

Making 50 to 100 of them brings you to provisioning skill level 20 or higher. Now you can put a skill point to recipe improvement and switch to higher level recipes. Go back searching recipes, and look for level 25 recipes. Level 20 are okay, but give less inspiration. Again, make a batch of food until you can assign next skill point to recipe improvement.

Keep repeating this with recipes at level 15, 25, 35 and 45, and you'll be master chef. In fact if you have good stock or enough gold to buy ingredients, you can do this in half hour.

There are lots of levels in provisioning:
    - Skill level: This is your own skill level, and increasing it allows you to put skill points to provisioning.
    - Recipe improvement level: This is one passive in provisioning allowing to make higher level recipes. Recipes have also improvement level on them (see below the connection).
    - Recipe quality level: Recipes can be white, green, blue or purple. When you put skill point here, it opens higher quality recipes. You don't need to put points here for leveling. Green recipes are okay. Put the points when you actually want to make blue/purple food.
    - Recipe level: this is the level of player eating the food. If recipe has level 25, player must be at least level 25 before able to eat it.

The recipe improvement and recipe level are connected. Recipes at level 20 and 25 are both at recipe improvement level 2. So if you want to find recipes at level 25, you can look recipes showing improvement level 2, but you have to check from the spreadsheet the actual level or on PC addons can show it on tooltip.
    Edited by helediron on January 10, 2016 12:38PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • veerlen
    veerlen
    Thanks for explaining
    But I need the surilie Syrah wine recipe in order if I don't have these I can not make purple one that I already have my recipe skil level 2 so I must need make the recipe in order to prove my skills
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's for a writ, then just buy some made by another player until you can find the recipe.

Powerleveling through provisioning, even though it is horrifically easy, is why people miss so many low level recipes, and why they're so rare. If you keep your provisioning level low, then you'll get those really rare recipes as writ rewards, and you'll continue finding them whilst stealing in your starter zones.

PS... If you're on the PC/NA server, then contact me in game, and I can make you some for your writ.
    Edited by Pomaikai on January 15, 2016 11:46AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guild vendors, or guild store!
  • veerlen
    veerlen
    I'm play on ps4 eu
    Lot guilds over and over again no luck