Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Ancient Orc Motifs drop for low levels?

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
You know since low levels get scaled up to Vet 15 in Orsinium, well I've been farming Rkindaleft (public dungeon) on my lvl 20 Sorc and I've killed the bosses about 7 times and plenty of mobs, but it makes me suspicious...

Is it possible for me, as a low level, to loot ancient orc motifs?
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they can. However, the motifs ONLY drop from kills in those two public dungeons - they are never in containers.

My friend and I used these two places to run up some alts from lvl 15 to 40, as wells as level our primes through vet levels. I ran Rkin at least thirty times on a grind where I was killing hundreds of monsters. Old Orsinium same, about 15 times. I got two motifs.

They are rare, rare, rare drops.
    Answer ✓
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Yes, they can. However, the motifs ONLY drop from kills in those two public dungeons - they are never in containers.

My friend and I used these two places to run up some alts from lvl 15 to 40, as wells as level our primes through vet levels. I ran Rkin at least thirty times on a grind where I was killing hundreds of monsters. Old Orsinium same, about 15 times. I got two motifs.

They are rare, rare, rare drops.

Ahhh at least you've confirmed it for me, thank you! yeah they are really really rare indeed... my main got 3-4 pages over the space of a few weeks in both places also, but so far, nothing at all on my low level, though at least it's still possible for them to drop for low levels... so that's nice to know. ;)
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way... just got the rarest page of them all hahaha @davey1107 what are the chances of that, just after you replied as well

4e4wzGk.jpg
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg, that is AWESOME. Let's try it again: so the full book is soooooo rare there's no way everyone reading this will get it as a drop tomorrow.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Omg, that is AWESOME. Let's try it again: so the full book is soooooo rare there's no way everyone reading this will get it as a drop tomorrow.

:lol: *loots the whole book*.. I wish. Oh and I haven't had a single page after that one, through the 1-2 weeks of occasionally farming here for a few hours :smirk:
    Edited by Molag_Crow on January 15, 2016 1:18AM
    YoutTube ESO Playlist