The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sell Nirnhoned Crafting Mats and Laurels in the Crown Store

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
I for one am sick and tired of doing the Undaunted quests in hopes of getting Laurels to craft Mercenary Armor and weapons. I am also sick and tired of running around upper and lower Craglorn in hopes of finding Nirnhold Crafting mats. How about giving players the option to buy them via the Crown Store.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad idea.
    One could argue about laurels, as they are just cosmetic and not to hard to get, but putting a crafting item that is required for the best items and has a low drop rate ingame into the crown store is a big step towards pay to win.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea.
    One could argue about laurels, as they are just cosmetic and not to hard to get, but putting a crafting item that is required for the best items and has a low drop rate ingame into the crown store is a big step towards pay to win.

I don't see where it would be a step towards pay to win. We are talking about crafting mats and an option to get them via the crown store instead of constant grinding in the Undaunted Pledges or farming in Craglorn. Lets face it how many times do you want to do the pledges. I have leveled 5 characters all to V16 and have lost count on how many times I have done the Undaunted Pledges. At some point it just gets old.

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    I for one am sick and tired of doing the Undaunted quests in hopes of getting Laurels to craft Mercenary Armor and weapons. I am also sick and tired of running around upper and lower Craglorn in hopes of finding Nirnhold Crafting mats. How about giving players the option to buy them via the Crown Store.

fuh because so hard to collect all mercenary part. They cost nothing now. and if you have all then 100% chanxe to get laurel
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnhoned items on crown store is definitely p2w. It took a while for me to get my nirnhoned stuff because I wanted to craft it myself. Much more rewarding.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones saying bad idea most likely have Nirnhoned armor and weapons pieces for sale in the different guild stores for 23 to 25K a pop for research to include the mats which are selling for several thousand gold a piece. Putting Nirnhoned mats in the Crown Store will cut their profits just like the Glass Motif cut the profits from selling the individual pages in the Guild Stores. There should be an option is all I am saying and it would not be pay to win.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Nirnhoned items on crown store is definitely p2w. It took a while for me to get my nirnhoned stuff because I wanted to craft it myself. Much more rewarding.
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

You would still be crafting the items yourself just getting the mats a different way.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones saying bad idea most likely have Nirnhoned armor and weapons pieces for sale in the different guild stores for 23 to 25K a pop for research to include the mats which are selling for several thousand gold a piece. Putting Nirnhoned mats in the Crown Store will cut their profits just like the Glass Motif cut the profits from selling the individual pages in the Guild Stores. There should be an option is all I am saying and it would not be pay to win.

You have just explained yourself exactly how it's pay to win.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try to make this as simple as I can.

Selling Nirncrux is selling power.

Selling a Motif is selling looks.

Therefore, selling a Motif is okay, as it is something purely cosmetic. Selling Nirncrux is not okay, as it actually has an influence on the power of the character, therefore giving the buyer an edge over a non-buyer. The nirnhoned trait is very useful on staves, for example. That's why it is a "Pay to Win" suggestion.

Nothing against selling laurels, though, as they only change the looks of an equipment and not the power of it.
    Edited by Abeille on January 10, 2016 1:11AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No crafting mats in the store! They are ingame for a reason.To find,gather,and craft what you need.Next it will be buy all hard to find mats.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I for one dont have those bits of armor. If you want the mats,just use a guild store.If you dont belong to a guild,there are tons of guild traders about in the game to buy from.Just NOT the store.
    Putting things in the store that would aid players in making great armor would be P2W,whether you see it that way or not.
  • Bloody-Goodbyes
    Bloody-Goodbyes
    ✭✭✭
    Unbind laurel and maybe add nirn stones to crafting writs, nobody goes to Craglorn with the new DLCs out and after the nirnhoned nerf.
    BLOODY-GOODBYES | BLOODY-HELLOS | BLOODY-AGAIN
    The Order of Magnus | Royal Bank of Tamriel | Made In Canada | Bad Luck Charms
  • Moonclaw
    Moonclaw
    ✭✭✭
    Or add items with this characteristic to other areas - e.g orsinium.... Just a thought
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbind laurel and maybe add nirn stones to crafting writs, nobody goes to Craglorn with the new DLCs out and after the nirnhoned nerf.

Crafting items like laurel should always be tradable. It helps the player economy. What will happen is when laurels end up on the crown store, I'll buy them and the merc motif from there. But if players could sell them, I'd buy them all from guild stores and guild traders.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Crafting items like laurel should always be tradable. It helps the player economy. What will happen is when laurels end up on the crown store, I'll buy them and the merc motif from there. But if players could sell them, I'd buy them all from guild stores and guild traders.

I'd also rather purchase Laurels from guild traders than from the Crown Store. I've actually purchased all the Merc pages since they're so cheap now, even though I don't do any Undaunted pledges - I'm just not interested, that's my choice. So, if Laurels end up in the Crown Store (Malachite, is already there, which is a bound item), I'll purchase them. But, if players were able to sell them, I'd rather contribute to the in-game economy, which is why I purchased the pages in game rather than waiting for the motif to show up in the Crown Store.

As others, have mentioned, Nirn affects the power of a character and thus should never be for sale in the CS. I would agree with suggestions to make them available in other zones or in writs. Yes, they're already available in writs via the surveys, but only if you're still doing Crag writs. Have them either be a random drop in the writ rewards or a random drop in the Wrothgar surveys.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 12, 2016 8:20PM