The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Enough of these ridiculous costumes, give us something we can admire.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    My perspectives on costumes is that they make sense in PvP. Better to have everyone in your group look generic so that skills are the only class cues. I have no interest in cosmetics, but for those that do, taste is highly variable and personal and it doesn't make much sense to generalize about people who aren't ourselves.

And that is exactly why they should be auto-unequipped in PvP like was done with the Kolopi.

1/ why shouldn't it be part of a "strategy" ? I understand for the kollopi costume since it makes you practically invisible, but all other costumes don't, thus I don't see why they should be forbidden in PvP.

2/ yet another thread/issue which is "taken over" by PvPers for their only needs/pleasure/requirements. Can't you PLEASE guys sometimes just let us discuss something without putting your "PvP issues" right in the middle of the discussion ? ONCE ?
    Options
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    My perspectives on costumes is that they make sense in PvP. Better to have everyone in your group look generic so that skills are the only class cues. I have no interest in cosmetics, but for those that do, taste is highly variable and personal and it doesn't make much sense to generalize about people who aren't ourselves.

And that is exactly why they should be auto-unequipped in PvP like was done with the Kolopi.

1/ why shouldn't it be part of a "strategy" ? I understand for the kollopi costume since it makes you practically invisible, but all other costumes don't, thus I don't see why they should be forbidden in PvP.

2/ yet another thread/issue which is "taken over" by PvPers for their only needs/pleasure/requirements. Can't you PLEASE guys sometimes just let us discuss something without putting your "PvP issues" right in the middle of the discussion ? ONCE ?

Ok, my opinion on this.

1. If you wear a disguise to look like a towns person to blend in and go incognito, then your stats should reflect that. Otherwise, those are some awfully durable servant's robes.

2. That was 2 entries in a long line of communication of a point and counter point. I intended to leave it at that with my opinion voiced and move on to more important things like mud crabs with top hats and monocles.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I actually like cultural costumes to be in the store. While cool looking costumes to be earn in the game. Loving the Old Orsinium costume and the other two bear costumes.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Stupid ballroom dresses and ugly colored plain clothes with snow flake symbols on them are NOT what this community wants. Please put some more effort into your designs, because these are definitely not going to make my wallet itch even the slightest bit. You are wasting both your own time AND your designers time, you are also throwing money away that will not profit in the end. Stop wasting valuable resources and put them to good use please.
    as a member of the community, these are exactly what I want and have paid for. I do not want more stupid draugr and pumpkin spectre pilymorphs. Sorry if I'm bursting your bubble.

Jup. Plain and cultural costumes are exactly what I'm interested in. If I want to look "badass" I don't need a costume, there's enough normal armor for that.

The only one I don't like is the Ordinator armor, because it doesn't look that much like an Ordinator to me :(

I couldn't agree more. Cultural costumes, clothes that actually look like something a real person would wear, that's what I want in the crown store and that's all I'm going to buy, ever.

I hope we get some Altmer and Khajiit cultural garment eventually.

I don't really like their crafting style, but I think Altmer garments would have huge potential for amazing costumes. The Dominion PVP armors looked amazing, so something along those lines maybe.

But what I would really like to see are Vivecian Gondolier outfits :D

MW-npc-Dalse_Adren.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one constant here is that there are always people who feel that their singular opinion represents the entirety of the community.
    Quoted for truth. It's truly sad how many people on the forums simply refuse to believe that other people might feel differently about things than they do, or that other people might like different things than they do.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Stupid ballroom dresses and ugly colored plain clothes with snow flake symbols on them are NOT what this community wants. Please put some more effort into your designs, because these are definitely not going to make my wallet itch even the slightest bit. You are wasting both your own time AND your designers time, you are also throwing money away that will not profit in the end. Stop wasting valuable resources and put them to good use please.
    as a member of the community, these are exactly what I want and have paid for. I do not want more stupid draugr and pumpkin spectre pilymorphs. Sorry if I'm bursting your bubble.

Jup. Plain and cultural costumes are exactly what I'm interested in. If I want to look "badass" I don't need a costume, there's enough normal armor for that.

The only one I don't like is the Ordinator armor, because it doesn't look that much like an Ordinator to me :(

I couldn't agree more. Cultural costumes, clothes that actually look like something a real person would wear, that's what I want in the crown store and that's all I'm going to buy, ever.

I hope we get some Altmer and Khajiit cultural garment eventually.

I don't really like their crafting style, but I think Altmer garments would have huge potential for amazing costumes. The Dominion PVP armors looked amazing, so something along those lines maybe.

But what I would really like to see are Vivecian Gondolier outfits :D

Their crafting style, especially for light armor, should really be reviewed. The big, sloppy stitches do not make sense for a race that cares so much about perfection. I absolutely hate light Altmer armor because it doesn't really look like something an Altmer would be okay with. ZOS clearly doesn't agree with me, so I'm kinda worried and at the same time curious about what their cultural clothes would look like.

But yes, the Dominion PVP armor looks great. And I hope to see something like what you linked, and more Dunmer stuff eventually. Maybe with the Clockwork City? That would be nice.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, my opinion on this.

1. If you wear a disguise to look like a towns person to blend in and go incognito, then your stats should reflect that. Otherwise, those are some awfully durable servant's robes.

2. That was 2 entries in a long line of communication of a point and counter point. I intended to leave it at that with my opinion voiced and move on to more important things like mud crabs with top hats and monocles.

to point 1 :

From a roleplay, or from a gameplay point of view ?
    I can understand this from a roleplay point of view, but I'm not sure RP can or should matter so much in PvP...
    From a gameplay point of view :
    - I heard of people who "play NPC" at Cyrodiil quest hubs to gank other players (quietly sitting on the well or stuff like that). I wonder how it works : we all have a big colored flag over our heads, how can anyone possibly miss it ? But yes, costumes do help people who play like that.
    - When you look at someone in PvP you already know things that you, "realistically" shouldn't know in advance : opponent's faction, class, level, health points, ongoing buffs. Not sure the vanilla game gives you all this info but add-ons do. So yes, costumes hide a little bit of info in a non-logical way, but we already know so much...

to point 2 : LOL love the concept of mudcrabs with top hats and monocles ;-) Thx for the good laugh.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like most of the cultural gab stuff,but not the town and trade costumes.
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costumes are fine. The OP however, is not fine.
    Options
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the costumes don't really stand out to me at all and are dull, the cultural items are decent though.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erdmanski wrote: »
    I have it from a reliable source that we will soon be getting another lore breaking polymorph:
    latest?cb=20071012200250
    MANBEARPIG!
    They already exist in ES lore mate.
    Wereboar.jpg

Seriously though why haven't I seen any wereboars in ESO? they are supposed to be native's of High Rock and are much cooler then werewolves, In Daggerfall they had higher stats then werewolves.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 9, 2016 7:01AM
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really need to make them take the shape of your body not a preset one but the body of your charater.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pleased with my brocade robe, it suits my Redguard character and fortunately enough it matches even the color of my hair-band. I tried it on other characters, but it is best for my dark-skinned Redguard lady. This robe is one of those, which is due to it's design not overly "skinny" - I do not like the look of a lot of other costumes, because they look like my character would suffer from anorexia. Please, make costumes, which fit to the character's body shape, I don't want to look skinny.
    Options
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Would really like to see more skins that you can were your armor over, I like the look of the Mind Shriven Skin's strange blue eyes staring out from behind the slit of the helmet.
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
    Options
  • LBC_Demon
    LBC_Demon
    ✭✭
    I just started playing a month ago so I haven't seen everything that has come and gone. What I have seen has been decent but not super interesting to me. There are some good outfits in the store like the Ordinators and some great archer inspired outfits too.

I really love the Winterborn outfits. Those are the kinds of things that really interest me. The bones and rugged colors really stand out to me.

I would love more outfits that would resemble the American Southwest.

Think western movie and Native Americans. I want an outfit where someone is wearing a whole bear with the skull as a hat/hoodie. Think feather headdress. Think Southwestern blanket patterns and colors.

That's what the Winterborn pack reminds me of and I want more like it. I definitely think you can make a badass costume without being unrealistic. Even a robe could be dramatic with a huge neck piece of bone, feathers and jewels.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree that there are some issues with these costumes, like changing shape of character or weird color choices, I think that pumpkin ghost and draugr are some of the ugliest costumes in game and none of my chars would wear something like this. :p
    I would prefer to see something less gaudy and more "casual", so to speak. Like old seadrake disguise, crown dishdasha, servant's costume and various justice system items. And some fancy robes (like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20077/? for example).
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 9, 2016 12:14PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my answer to this statement.
    Stupid ballroom dresses and ugly colored plain clothes with snow flake symbols on them are NOT what this community wants.

Note: I'd have purchased more costume if I had more crown.

568860d8f3b2d.png

5683e716c23ff.png

5675f01ef07d6.png

5675eff721e8e.png

5675efae32769.png

566b5b8fa05f5.png

563c03da2b8f9.png

55df455f06f54.png

5607cc550ddf7.png

5636be3fbe3a2.png

550b50a623e50.png
    Options
  • QuantumHive
    QuantumHive
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. I don't buy the costumes myself, because I haven't found my taste yet. But I still don't agree with OP's statement.
    This sentence is false.
    Options
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with costumes right now is the premade bodies that attach to your character with them.

They need to make costumes pieces like armor and make a wardrobe tab that can be switched to on the fly. Otherwise, what's the point of costumes if they alter our characters.
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is unbelievably dumb.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    This thread is unbelievably dumb.

Yet....here you are....
    <X-Raided>
    Options