The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Were the population caps lowered?

Dread_Guy
Dread_Guy
✭✭✭✭✭
I just noticed a major jump in queue times on the Xbox One Haderus campaign after the latest server update. I'm in the Daggerfall Faction and pre-update, the queues were around 20-40. Now the queues are around 120-160.

Anyone know what's going on?
"My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)

Best Answer

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main contributors is that IC's population applies to all of Cyrodiil. Hence why you can have 2 bars of pop, but not find anyone up top in Cyrodiil. Go to IC, you'll find lots of people running around up top and in the sewers.

This, however, can really exacerbate any population issues already in game... like on Trueflame, which is dead, and if the server were closed right now, nobody would notice because nobody's on it. And it makes the game feel emptier and more desolate than it should be (or needs to be).
    Answer ✓
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels the same on EU PC server. Azura star got a queue way earlier than usually
    Edited by Erondil on January 7, 2016 7:36AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haderus is basically a buff sever for DC.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it had something to do with those maintenances earlier this week. Possibly hardware changes, or in this case, downgrades.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like an official statement from ZOS on what pop lock means population wise at the moment.
    Gave up.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it still laggs, hueuhauhehuhauhuheuhahuuehauhueuuheuheuu.
    :]
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed a major jump in queue times on the Xbox One Haderus campaign after the latest server update. I'm in the Daggerfall Faction and pre-update, the queues were around 20-40. Now the queues are around 120-160.

Maybe their more DC trying to get into PVP.It's also weird since Skull been Full population all week as well.Maybe their just more DC trying to get into PVP.
    Actually the Lag has gotten better in my opinion.Even last night when we were defending our last EMP keep against 100+ EP and about 70+ AD with less the 30-50 DC at some points in the keep with barely any lag.So maybe they improved it.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    I'd like an official statement from ZOS on what pop lock means population wise at the moment.

You could ask a Decimation Elite guy how how many people they can fit in to their raids now. Whatever the number, that's the population cap.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Maybe their more DC trying to get into PVP.It's also weird since Skull been Full population all week as well.Maybe their just more DC trying to get into PVP.
    Actually the Lag has gotten better in my opinion.Even last night when we were defending our last EMP keep against 100+ EP and about 70+ AD with less the 30-50 DC at some points in the keep with barely any lag.So maybe they improved it.

Azuras Star EU today at 15.00 Gmt+1 no faction is poplocked and i've already seen latency spikes in the 500. Needless to say i logged off and im still wondering why i still bother with this game.
    :]
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Azuras Star EU today at 15.00 Gmt+1 no faction is poplocked and i've already seen latency spikes in the 500. Needless to say i logged off and im still wondering why i still bother with this game.

Wait do you play Xbox or PC?PC I could understand this happening but I know how you feel this game at times I be wanting to quit.
    Edited by Jaronking on January 7, 2016 3:14PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We aot do you play Xbox or PC?PC I could understand this happening but I know how you feel this game at times I be wanting to quit.

PC EU
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA Azuras has seen queues of about 30 spots during evening on the east coast, and it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to get in. PvP is seeing a resurgence due to PvE becoming stale for some, and the upcoming Monster Helm vendor will only contribute to that.
    Edited by CavalierPrime on January 7, 2016 4:26PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can @ZOS_GinaBruno,@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler or anyone else comment on this please.