Crafting Writs Should ALL be Solo Content

KaneBunce
KaneBunce
Crafting surveys should only be given for soloable zones, not a group zone like Craglorn since they are content where only one person can get the reward for doing it. Group content should reward the entire party not just a single person. Content that only rewards one person should be solo content. The current system is poor game design and needs to be altered so that all crafting surveys are solo content.
"A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the Craglorn surveys are in locations you can get to safely without fighting mobs.

They also have a much higher chance of dropping nirn than just picking up nodes, so I think most crafters would disagree with removing Craglorn surveys!
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always grab my surveys solo, and do it with a smile as I know my chances of grabbing nirn is great.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be one particular survey in Craglorn that you couldn't get to without fighting a group of the dreaded Craglorn Wasps. They moved the wasps. Now every single survey in Craglorn can be grabbed without ever fighting anything.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Now every single survey in Craglorn can be grabbed without ever fighting anything.

Well, there is still the Clothing Survey in Upper Crag that you have to get past mobs to get to. Unless you have an Invisibility potion, your fighting something on your way, just not at the Survey. There is also another survey location that you really need a fast horse to get past the mobs.

Edited by Nestor on January 8, 2016 8:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Now every single survey in Craglorn can be grabbed without ever fighting anything.

Well, there is still the Clothing Survey in Upper Crag that you have to get past mobs to get to. Unless you have an Invisibility potion, your fighting something on your way, just not at the Survey. There is also another survey location that you really need a fast horse to get past the mobs.

But even if you can't kill the mob, you can just rez yourself and move past them (I've done it myself plenty of times). I'm guessing the OP has no idea how valuable Craglorn surveys are, otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about having to pick them up. I mean I didn't even care much for surveys until I got to Craglorn.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

True, you do have to get past mobs to get some of them - I do typically pop an invisibility pot to get that particular survey. But there aren't any with mobs right on top of them anymore where you'll aggro the mobs by harvesting the nodes.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    There used to be one particular survey in Craglorn that you couldn't get to without fighting a group of the dreaded Craglorn Wasps. They moved the wasps. Now every single survey in Craglorn can be grabbed without ever fighting anything.

UrQuan, I remember that one, it was the enchanting writ. I was V3 or 4 at the time and would litterally have to wait for a high enough level player to come through and clear it.
    Options