Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Tank Health

Dustile
Dustile
✭✭✭
How many Attribute points should I be putting in Health to tank Dungeons, regualr and VR.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct answer is: it depends.

It depends on what type of tank build you have (some tank builds rely heavily on shields and/or self heals and/or high damage mitigation and/or dodge chance and don't rely overly on high health - others do rely fairly heavily on high health). It also depends on your gear, and what passive buffs you're getting to your health.

Personally my VR16 Templar has only 4 attribute points in health. In his tanking setup, though, he's got 31K health. That's thanks to the gear he's got, passives like the Undaunted one, and keeping Structured Entropy slotted.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Reach 25k unbuffed - if short add points if not then all into magic or stam. Just make sure u hit 33k spell and armour mitigatation when buffed.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my stamina NB tank I have 28k health, 5x medium and 2x heavy with all attribute points into stamina.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    i run ~25k HP when using drinks, If its a hard/imperial city dungeon ill run with wrothgar gold food to hit 28-30k. Mostly the healer/group depicts what you can get away with. I think you can do most vet dungeons with less but why make a rock for your own back.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    I run a magicka tank and regularly switch back and forth from Dps to healer to tank, so I leave all my attributes in Magicka and have everything enchanted on my tank gear with health glyphs and after set boni and food I have 25k and that has worked out for me for all vet dungeons wgt and icp.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between 25-30k health, depending on group, content and player skill+latency.

I think it's best to start a little higher with the hit points as a new tank, so you wont get oneshot of you miss a block and similar. Than, as you get more comfortable, start dropping health for more more stam or mag, depending on your build.

Also, there's many VR dungeons and several bosses where you dont need a full time tank to begin with, because to easy or by design. So being able to play a bit more dps oriented as tank, is usually more helpful than only being hard to kill. For 4-man dungeons is kinda overkill to run with 33k resistances buffed, 30k health and blocking for your life.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my experience 22-25k hp is enough to tank all vet dungeons if you are familiar with the dungeons.
    But if you are new to tanking you might want to get a bit more, so you have some safety buffer in case something goes wrong.
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience 22-25k hp is enough to tank all vet dungeons if you are familiar with the dungeons.
    But if you are new to tanking you might want to get a bit more, so you have some safety buffer in case something goes wrong.

the better you know the enemy, the better your group, the better your play skills,
    the less health you need
    because my playing skills are still in a learning curve my Health is atm between 28-32k
    I hope to get to that 22-25k in the future and contribute more DPS to my group.

I run a Magicka NB Tank with IC Jewelry and can toggle with 3k more Magicka or 3.5k more Health between fights.
    For less Health needed the Jewelry is Arcane, for more Health needed the Jewelry is Healthy.

Edited by hrothbern on January 6, 2016 2:42PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Im at 24k Health with all points in stamina. My gear isnt finished yet but will probably take it up to 25k. Im not the best Tank but i find it works for me
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    For 4-man dungeons is kinda overkill to run with 33k resistances buffed, 30k health and blocking for your life.
    Replace "kinda overkill" with "massively overkill" here :D Of course, if you're frequently running with people you haven't run with before, and especially if you or they aren't very familiar with the boss fights in those dungeons, overkill can be the only thing separating you and your group from defeat. As a general rule, if the tank goes down there's a very good chance the fight is going to go sideways and you'll wipe. Relying on the healer to keep you alive is fine if you know the healer you're running with and know that they're capable of it, but if you're often running with healers you don't know, you want to make sure you can survive on your own with no healer support for a decently long while.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note: my DK just hit VR16 last night, and I decided it was time to revisit his attributes.

A very long time ago I had put about half his attributes into health with the goal being to tank with him. I haven't actually used him as a tank since probably VR2 or 3 though. I realized that when I put him in his VR14 tank gear (inherited from my VR16 Templar who used to use that gear for tanking before I got a VR16 set) he was sitting at 39K health, and hitting the resistance cap with Volatile Armour active. That is absolutely ridiculous and not required in any way shape or form.

Needless to say I reset his attributes to put everything in magicka. In his tank gear he's still got 32K health... It will be a bit lower when I get his VR16 gear set and start using all prismatic enchants instead of all health enchants though - probably about 30K.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    25+ well IMO.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since I heal, tank, heal/tank or DPS the dailies I actually only run with 21k lol. People laugh at first but they're usually surprised at the end of the dungeon when I've not asked for shards or heals or buffs or rezzes.

If I were to to IC dungeons tho I would definitely recommend more health.
    PC EU
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    I think this comes down to what content u tanking, if vet prison then its 28k health at 33k resistance (these are buffed stats) if its other vet then u can run lower. For me i stay capped for ic farm and raids - i run around 30k health on my nb tank and always 33k mitigatation
    Options