The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To sell or to store....

Sup3r
Sup3r
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

Just started playing ESO a few weeks ago (NA xbox one), and i loot EVERYTHING! Now my problem is i don't have a lot of space for all the materials that i've looted. I've bought a couple of the upgrades to bank space and bag space but still don't have a lot of room. Should i even bother selling crafting supplies to NPC merchants. What should i be storing and what should i be selling? Any advice on how to handle all the loots would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sup3r
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mule alts. Lots and lots of mule alts until you get your bank & bag space up.

Also, use those mats to level your crafting skills. Hang onto things like tempers and trait stones you want to use, burn everything else to get your crafting ranks up.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's far too much stuff in the game for me to list what to keep and what to vendor.

Your best bet is to join a few trade guilds and get a feel for the value of different stuff and how well they sell. If market price is higher than vendor price (for example Dreugh Wax and Kuta), then obviously hoard or sell to other players. If vendors offer comparable price to market value (for example Sanded Maple), then just vendor it.

Remember you can use alt characters as storage mules as well.
  • Sup3r
    Sup3r
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks guys I need to start using my alts as storage mules.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO there is not need to store anything that is not Vet level on your first character.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Sup3r
    Sup3r
    Soul Shriven
    Well im trying to make fast gold so i can buy more storage space. I'm planning on using all the mats for i can for my crafting(clothier and woodworking). The other mats ill just stack up and sell i guess.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sup3r wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just started playing ESO a few weeks ago (NA xbox one), and i loot EVERYTHING! Now my problem is i don't have a lot of space for all the materials that i've looted. I've bought a couple of the upgrades to bank space and bag space but still don't have a lot of room. Should i even bother selling crafting supplies to NPC merchants. What should i be storing and what should i be selling? Any advice on how to handle all the loots would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sup3r

Sell to your guild store.That's how I make a lot of money.Mats mostly,and insect parts.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively buy a 2nd account for mules on a steam sale
    Have a few friends you trust create a guild with only 10 people inside and use that guild bank as storage.
    Mail a friend things and have them return the mails to you thus having a couple of full stacks in your mail box.

Just a few extra suggestions.

Personal tip:

Get your alchemy, provisioning to max lvl and then you will probably loot those items less often. I don't even pick prov items up anymore if I need something I will buy it.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • hibbles
    hibbles
    Sup3r wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks,
    Sup3r

save everything, even if the value is zero, it will come in use, you will see. if you need space build an alt character and use its inventory bag space as overflow for items you do not need in questing