Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Redguard level 40, 2H/Dual Wield, Medium armor build

MaoLinx
MaoLinx
So I was just wondering if I could get some tips. Currently I use a stamina dps build on my Redguard. For my first bar, I use dual wield(Rapid strikes, Hidden blade, and Steel Tornado) along with igneous armaments and searing strike. For my 2nd bar, I use 2H (Critical Strike to get in close) along with Green Dragon Blood, Reflective Scales, and Obsidian shield for defense and heals. As for gear, I use all medium armor. I feel weak asf be it in PvE or PvP so I really need some help making a good build.
  • Gonza
    Gonza
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! I play as a stamina DK and i love it.

First, you are a DragonKnight so use your fire >:) . Unstable Flame is the best DoT in the game for single target, also use Burning Breath because it does good damage and destroy the armor of your enemies, in that way your weapons skills will do more damage.

Now that you have all your targets burning, it is time for spamming a skill with good damage. Since you have rapid strikes, you can spam it and do a medium attack between them. If there are more than 3 guys, use Burning Breath and spam steel tornado. Spin to win!

Finally, when your enemies are have low health(like 25% or less) you need a finisher. For an AoE finisher, you can use steel tornado and for a single target use executioner.

Another tips: Always keep Momentum or Rally up, it gives you a good sustain and more weapon damage. Try to use Obsidian Shield before Green Dragon Blood or Rally, so you will get a healing bonus. I use Reflective scales in pvp and in the Maelstrom Arena, but in open world or dungeons they will be a magicka eater only.

If you need more help just let me know!

PS: Dragonleap things from high places with the morph Take Flight!
    Play for fun!
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    Thanks, and do you recommend medium or heavy? I like medium because it gives me that stam regen along with my redguard passives but I feel too open and lose a lot of health.
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    Ohhh and before I forget, how should I have my Hp/Sp/Mp points set up? as I said, I'm currently level 40
  • Gonza
    Gonza
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to do damage use 5+ medium pieces, if you want to tank monster and be hard as a truck wear 5+ heavy pieces.
    About the attributes i usually go full stamina points because i know the mechanics so im never afraid of dying. But if you are new is better to put some points in health. For example if you have 40 attributes points set 5-10 in health and the rest in stamina.

Good luck!
    Play for fun!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally drop GDB and replace it with vigour..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)