Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help for a new Duel Wield Sorc

catalyst10e
catalyst10e
✭✭✭✭
Ok so, I just hit Vet 9 the other night. I've spent all this time being a "classic" mage using 2 vet 8 destruction staves(willpower), light armor robes, and attempting high burst damage (bit of a glass cannon). I was always aware duel wielding afforded higher spell damage, but was too stubborn to switch over. A couple nights ago, I was speaking to another sorc about damage, now I knew sith my stats and gear I wasnt anywhere near top tier, after battle leveling i was at around 1700 while the other sorc was around my level crafted their own gear and was battle leveled out to around 2400. So needless to say I decided to bite the bullet, bought a couple vet 8 daggers of willpower to see what i was missing, and my spell damage rose to about 2300 (closer to 2290 or so). ( I still need to find a willpower necklace for the full 3 item benefit)

So any advise you more experienced Sorcs can give me? I'm mainly PVP focused. Any skills or spells I should really focus on, champions point placement, gear i should look into? Anything at all you think might help. Thank you in advance.
"Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
[| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
[| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm far from the most experienced Sorc out there, Sorc is my second character. Dual wielding two SWORDS give the highest spell damage boost but in my own personal experience dual wielding on a Sorc without having detonation unlocked (assault 7) to add to your burst combo is less effective than using destro.
    A "glass cannon" Sorc kinda does not exist in the current meta. Stacking magicka powers both your damage and the strength of your Hardened Ward. Run a resto staff for Healing Ward for healing and you'll sacrifice none of your damage.
    Do not worry about accumulating willpower jewelry until you are max level, save your trophies and wait to open the vaults when you hit V16. Right now just use some crafted sets and pick up some Cyrodill's Light rings if you have the spare AP.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    I'm far from the most experienced Sorc out there, Sorc is my second character. Dual wielding two SWORDS give the highest spell damage boost but in my own personal experience dual wielding on a Sorc without having detonation unlocked (assault 7) to add to your burst combo is less effective than using destro.
    A "glass cannon" Sorc kinda does not exist in the current meta. Stacking magicka powers both your damage and the strength of your Hardened Ward. Run a resto staff for Healing Ward for healing and you'll sacrifice none of your damage.
    Do not worry about accumulating willpower jewelry until you are max level, save your trophies and wait to open the vaults when you hit V16. Right now just use some crafted sets and pick up some Cyrodill's Light rings if you have the spare AP.

TY! Yes I do have magicka det unlocked and morphed to proxy. I will have to look into getting swords I didnt know they would afford more damage. I still have all my torphies, been saving them, I just go out and buy items from guild traders and such. I am currently running 2 cyrodiil's light rings, and I think a helm, with the rest of my gear being phoenix armor. I've just been looking into trying to find a willpower necklace to unlock the full set bonus.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭