Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magicka DPS Sorcerer - Crafted Sets?

Mivryna
Mivryna
✭✭✭
I've finally gotten my three-piece Willpower jewelry set, and I'm now debating on what crafted armor set to go with for v16. I'm a Dunmer Vampire Sorc with 150 champion points, and I do both PvE and PvP. I currently rely on a Monster Helm set, so I'd like to get a 5-piece set for everything else. I've finally come to understand how to utilize my Ward, Blood Magic, and Surge to keep myself alive, but I only have ~30k Magicka. I imagine this will improve when I get v16 gear and enchants.

I've used Magnus before and liked it, though the extra Spell Damage doesn't seem worth it.
I've considered Law of Julianos for the extra damage and crit, for both offense and healing, but I'm not sure it would be significant enough to make up for less Magicka Recovery.
I'm currently using Kagrenac's Hope to some success. The high damage and Magicka stats seem nice, but the extra parts don't seem useful enough.

Ultimately I imagine it would come down to either Julianos or Kagrenac. What do you guys think?
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like Julianos for PVE and Kag's for PVP. If you're doing an Overload Sorc build for PVP, I'd go with Julianos there too.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos is especially useful on your magicka sorc. I'm assuming you use power surge, which is made more effective with the spell crit chance provided by Julianos. Kagrenacs is something Id be more inclined to use on a magicka templar. And also, you will make more champion points overtime, which directly equals to better magicka recovery/reduce spell cost.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magika dps - 5 julianos, 2 torug, 1kena (from undaunted chests)
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my sorc I run 5 Julianos, 2 kena, 1 torugs(plan to replace when maelstrom finally gives me weapons) also note you can duel wield with a sorc either on the back bar for your overload/ execute or in pvp if you have inevitable det/curse
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I craft a lot. All the sorcs want julianos, then the supplement the other three pieces with whatever they need most (armor, more magic, regen, whatever).

A couple of sorcs I know prefer the double Mundas set (twice born star?) supplemented w other. I think the crit on both julianos and hunding can be a bit of a waste in PVP since high cp players will protect against the Crits. But anyway, twice born star w/ all divines and the two magic stones would buff spell power way over the julianos buff.

I
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am Magika sourcer. I use 1 monster helm. Molag kena. I don't have the shoulders, just the helm.

I use destro staff and duel weild on second bar.

Destro bar: 1x Molag kena, 3x willpower, 4x seducer, 3x julianos

Duel weild: 1x Molag kena, 3x willpower, 5x julianos, 3x seducer

Duel weild bar gives around 3655 spell damage using power surge buff. I was using 5x seducer up until getting the monster helm for maximum sustain.

Destro bar is around 3000 spell damage with power surge buff

• Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses, everyone. I've gone 5-piece Julianos with hood/shoulders and weapons as Magnus. This way if I ever decide to tank with an Armor Master set in place of Julianos, I'll always have the extra Magicka and regen to fall back on.

For champion points I've decided to go all into regen. Thanks to my Vampire and Sorcerer passives, I almost never run out of Magicka. I may even consider swapping Atronach for Mage because my Magicka is always so plentiful.