Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do sorcs make good tanks?

Roberts3393
Roberts3393
✭✭
Just wanting to know as I've got my DPS and healer all sorted and I also have a sorc at v16 doing nothing so just wondering if it's worth turning him into a tank
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know any elite players that have Sorc Tanks... so the answer is probably "no", compared to DKs and Templars.

If your question is "can a Sorc tank?"... the answer is definitely "yes".
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guildie ran a sorc tank for vICP and did quite well. I don't understand tanking though so couldn't tell you what his setup was. Think he used heavy armour and one of the dark exchange morphs as a self heal.
    PC | EU
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean "tank" like an old soviet tank that was never used,,then sold to a museum to sit outside on a cement block for tourists to gawk at amd birds to crap on...then yes.

If you mean a useful character in p,saying the game...then no.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanting to know as I've got my DPS and healer all sorted and I also have a sorc at v16 doing nothing so just wondering if it's worth turning him into a tank

May shield stacking begin
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing the game since beta, I have played tank as dragonknight and Templar. I have run content with DK, temp, and NB tanks, all efficiently played. I have never played with anyone running a sorc tank build. Not saying it can not be done, just can not give you any advice on how to do it. Probably not the easiest build to pull off.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis