The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Suggestion] Random Portals, Oblivion Planes

deleted008293
deleted008293
✭✭✭✭
Another interesting concept would be random gates to different planes of Oblivion and places from Nirn.

Similar to TES4 Oblivion Gates, such gates random spawn in Tamriel for a certain amount of time, sending enemies from oblivion to cause small havoc in our world. It doesn't have to be a full scale invasion so lore speaking it should be safe to a point. Also it doesn't have to be only Oblivion but Cold Harbor too and other areas.

Phase One Opening. A small white tear appear into our plane. Moments later it will be followed by a small explosion and nearby players would be killed on the spot. As the time passed the small tear become larger and larger. Portal starts to take a shape and ultimately the portal will finally be stable enough for...
Phase Two Nirn invasion. Few enemies leave the portal fast. Its only a matter of minutes until the portal will vanish and all your chances to pass through it go as well.
Phase Three. Fight or Invade
Fight. Fight the enemies for a chance to get rare gears, materials and invasion plans but doing so will cancel your chance to enter the portal.
Invade. Enter the portal and explore it. You can only enter if you don't be touched by enemy magic.
- Go stealth, explore, steal valuables and avoid being caught. Leave the plane and trade your valuables in Nirn. Get caught and all your possessions will spoil.
- Fight every enemy and boss on your way for rare materials collectibles and other items that only drop in here.

End Game. Collect plans, for a chance to open your own portal to Oblivion for some ultimate challenges or to a new DLC area. Turn valuables into precious items. Use materials to craft rare set items. Win Win Win either way you choose.
Edited by deleted008293 on December 31, 2015 9:30PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Another interesting concept would be random gates to different planes of Oblivion and places from Nirn.

Similar to TES4 Oblivion Gates, such gates random spawn in Tamriel for a certain amount of time, sending enemies from oblivion to cause small havoc in our world. It doesn't have to be a full scale invasion so lore speaking it should be safe to a point. Also it doesn't have to be only Oblivion but Cold Harbor too and other areas.

Phase One Opening. A small white tear appear into our plane. Moments later it will be followed by a small explosion and nearby players would be killed on the spot. As the time passed the small tear become larger and larger. Portal starts to take a shape and ultimately the portal will finally be stable enough for...
    Phase Two Nirn invasion. Few enemies leave the portal fast. Its only a matter of minutes until the portal will vanish and all your chances to pass through it go as well.
    Phase Three. Fight or Invade
    Fight. Fight the enemies for a chance to get rare gears, materials and invasion plans but doing so will cancel your chance to enter the portal.
    Invade. Enter the portal and explore it. You can only enter if you don't be touched by enemy magic.
    - Go stealth, explore, steal valuables and avoid being caught. Leave the plane and trade your valuables in Nirn. Get caught and all your possessions will spoil.
    - Fight every enemy and boss on your way for rare materials collectibles and other items that only drop in here.

End Game. Collect plans, for a chance to open your own portal to Oblivion for some ultimate challenges or to a new DLC area. Turn valuables into precious items. Use materials to craft rare set items. Win Win Win either way you choose.

oh I actually love your ideas!!!

ZOS:
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As do I, that would be epic!
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea can be implemented as a small scale idea for pve and also as a large scale idea for the pvp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I touched on going into Oblivion (specifically Coldharbour) in my suggestion for Fighters Guild Dailies, so I think this would be a great idea!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love random invasions in cyrodiil in the middle of pvp that would be sick.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started this as an PvE idea but clearly some random invasion of the battlefield while conquering some keeps in Cyrodiil might look awesome indeed.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That game is called Rift.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't that already happen on a smaller scale with those small oblivion gates that pop up here and there?
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not quite. You can't fight back enemies for goodies and also you can't enter those portals to explore whatever its on the other side.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool ideas. Sounds like a good way to grow the "Dark Fissures" we already have in game.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!