The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding Altmer and Xarxes...

HaldaAinur
HaldaAinur
✭✭✭
Is Xarxes considered part of their 9 divines/pantheon? Yet on the main wiki (using USEP for this) he is not mentioned as part of the (at least current) nine divines and seem to be mostly referenced as past tense and a claim to fame of sorts in the sense that Altmer can 'become divine in miraculous circumstances', as Xarxes is Auri-el

If so do most Altmer worship Xarxes or do the majority simply stick the usual nine divines? Or is he since not so much worshipped as he pretty much works for Herma-Mora?

Herma Mora 'calls Xarxes his "faithful servant" upon the discovery of the book. This essentially proves that Hermaeus Mora collaborated with Xarxes on the creation of the omnipotent lexicon, as well as supposedly converting him from his service to Auri-El to the darker inscriptions of the Demon of Knowledge.'

Sorry for the blurb, but thanks for reading, and any info is handy :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    No really, I'm curious. Bumpeth.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks- I've been mostly going off of USEP. I'm mostly just trying to figure out how many Altmer would oppose the worship of Xarxes for his supposed turn to the dark side. Doesn't seem too odd if some decided he was bad bc of that, that some t stopped acknowledging him, although I expect for most its a simple claim to fame thing.
    Edited by HaldaAinur on January 3, 2016 2:58PM
  • Archer79
    Archer79
    Well for starters there is no Nine Divines yet, also the concept of only worshiping nine gods is purely cyrodilic, maybe the bretons and redguards aswell, but im not sure as they do not interest me and so I dont really care. ^^
    Most of the races worship eight divines but then you also have hero gods, in the case of the Altmer thats Phynaster & Syrabane so they are not restricted to only eight, anyway in Xarxes case he is really popular and from what is written I think they know about his dealings with Herma Mora and since he is still worshiped for his accomplishments to the Aldmer race I think its safe to say he isnt scorned or hated in Altmer society like say Lorkhan for example. Thats how I see it at least.

Good thread by the way very insightful.