The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player, after a levelling build

Mauness
Mauness
Soul Shriven
Hi folks,

I've just returned after 6-8 month break. I've got a level 26 Templar and looks like all my skills/points have been refunded. So im after a levelling build if possible, I use to be a stamina/2h build wearing medium armour, is this still viable?

Thanks
Maunie
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is better to go for magicka Templar, Viable options for stamina would be DK or NB.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is better to go for magicka Templar, Viable options for stamina would be DK or NB.

Who started this stigma?

@Mauness Stamina Templar is fine. In terms of DPS numbers, they're a bit on the low end, but that doesn't mean they're not viable. Magicka will pull slightly ahead in DPS compared to Stamina (that's actually mostly true for most classes). They play mostly the same, except you'll be using Radiant Oppression for an execute over the 2H "Executioner" skill.

When I was still running stamina (switched to magicka due to a shortage of healers in the guild), I was successfully running a DW/Bow combo that was working nicely in PvE. In PvP, 2H/Bow (sometimes 2H/DW).

Being at Level 26, you've only just started to venture into the game and what the Templar can do. If you were enjoying it then, I'd recommend sticking with it. When I first started playing ESO, I rolled a stamina DK. Started out "fun" until I realized you were mostly using weapon skills. It got boring fast and felt a little lack luster for the class. Ever since I switched to a Templar, the game has been that much better for me.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • mrowmrif2
    mrowmrif2
    ✭✭
    You dont really need a build to level, as at least 2-3 skill slots should be dedicate to skills you are working on ranking up and morphing and not really using. Just go magicka templar and spam sweeps... You win! Sad but true.