The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Build request: DPS/Tank Hybrid for Nightblade Werewolf

LordKelsier
LordKelsier
✭✭✭
Hi folks,

I am about to hit level 50 and currently playing a medium armored Nightblade DPS Imperial.

However, I'd like to respec now because medium armor looks silly. I really enjoy heavy armor though and find that I am missing a bit of survivability. So what I am looking for is basically a build which meets the following conditions:

- Imperial Race
- Werewolf
- Nightblade
- 7/7 heavy armor
- Stamina/Health based, no Magicka
- DPS/Tank hybrid, focus still on DPS but with a good amount of tankiness. Basically sacrificing a bit of DPS for more survivability
- Dual Wield / 1H + Shield

Appreciate any suggestions, unfortunately I didn't find anything fitting on the various ESO build sites. Most are also outdated from pre Orsinium patch.

Best Answer

• mrowmrif2
    mrowmrif2
    ✭✭
    Werewolf makes a terrible tank ultimate. You essentially lose all tank utility when you transform... No taunt, no utiltiy or CC skills... Just damage and healing. Since you are only level 50 you are unlikely to have a ton of group dungeon experience (certainly not vet dungeons since they become available at v1), so you probably dont realize how important those things are. For aolo play, sure do whatever! But that doesnt require a BUILD really. You could just spam steel tornado through to v16 if you want, not really a big deal. But in groups? Yeah a werewolf tank is going to just not do it for you. 7 heavy is also not the best once you get your undaunted passives.

I would instead go to a magicka build and pvp until you have caltrops. Then we can start talking true tank builds. Werewolf for solo play only at this point and maybe a little pvp in 1v1.
    Answer ✓
  • Sukenlihol
    Sukenlihol
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade tanks can 6-8k single target dps already (With buffs and finisher, sometimes they can reach 10k). But you need magicka pool, not stamina.
  • LordKelsier
    LordKelsier
    ✭✭✭
    Totomushen wrote: »
    Nightblade tanks can 6-8k single target dps already (With buffs and finisher, sometimes they can reach 10k). But you need magicka pool, not stamina.

Thanks, but Werewolves are based on stamina, so I'd like to focus on a stamina build
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totomushen wrote: »

Thanks, but Werewolves are based on stamina, so I'd like to focus on a stamina build

Werewolves also cant taunt.
    Btw, do you have caltrops on this character?
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 31, 2015 2:02PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • LordKelsier
    LordKelsier
    ✭✭✭
    No, that's a PvP skill isn't it? Im starting PvP once I'm 50