The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage numbers and a battle log / FTC style report for console?

Refuse2GrowUp
Refuse2GrowUp
✭✭✭✭✭
I can understand why the dev team did basic coding for the game at PC launch. It saves the dev team time and money by not having to code in things such as damage numbers. Plus, by allowing user made addons, it tends to help build a sort of cult following and a feel of a customizable UI which has a wide appeal. However, it was, in my humble opinion, a major oversight not to code such basics into the console game at release. I understand timelines were exceeded, the game was pushed, and a lot might have fallen between the cracks, but I for one think this to be the basics.

For obvious reasons, giving us floating damage (and heal) numbers or a battle log of some sort should be a feature you can turn on and off (much like addons) as some will not want them.

Anyway, this is important to me and pretty much unequivocally all other console players I speak to. None-the-less, I wanted to put it out to the greater community to see if this is indeed something the majority want and, of course, I hope the devs take notice if this is indeed the case.
Edited by Refuse2GrowUp on December 31, 2015 11:29AM
PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
CP160 StamSorc
CP160 Templar Healer
CP160 Stam NB
CP160 Magica Sorc
Cp160 Stamplar
CP160 Magicka NB
CP160 DK Tank
CP160 Stam DK
CP160 Mag Templar
CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist

Damage numbers and a battle log / FTC style report for console? 45 votes

YES - please ZOS, give us consolers damage numbers and a battle log. It should be a basic feature
40%
stevvvob16_ESOJultzyFruity_NinjaCzeriPKLduderobkrushdarthdawg1mrdaveqcBackFrecklethreefarmsfluffuBrrrofskiAsherons_CallThe-BaconatorToc de MalsviDankstaStratforgemarvel_bound 18 votes
YES - I want this, and other common PC addons, enough that I would consider purchasing a console addons DLC for a reasonable price if this is what it takes for ZOS to invest time and resources to bring this to fruition
26%
CocidiusVictorResipsa131HypejetJAGkarlosthemarraelium85juanmontoya18caioroqueHebrewHatchetomegabiscuitEztrelleRefuse2GrowUp 12 votes
YES - I want this and think it a necessary feature. However, I feel there are bigger priorities for ZOS to focus on at this time in regards to console version ESO
6%
KrazykennyFrenkthevileGreenSoup2HoT 3 votes
NO - I do not see this as a necessary feature, or simply do not want it, and think ZOS could better invest time and resources elsewhere
8%
NewBlacksmurfToast_STSTHEDKEXPERIENCEharrlockk616 4 votes
UNDECIDED - I could care less one way or another really
4%
DiviniusVulsahdaal 2 votes
PC YES - I am a PC gamer and support my console comrades...this is basic and they should have this
8%
Tanis-StormbinderThe_ShadowbornRa'ShtarLadyNalcarya 4 votes
PC NO - I am PC Masterrace...who cares about those peasant console gamers (tongue-in-cheek of course)
4%
LenikusRinmaethodain 2 votes
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES - please ZOS, give us consolers damage numbers and a battle log. It should be a basic feature
    This is really needed for players to get a better understanding of what the changes they are making to gear and rotations are actually doing to change their survivability or dps output. Without some sort of reporting you cannot really tell: "Am I on the cusp of beating this, should I spend another hour or two trying to farm this, or do I really stand no chance with my current setup.", "I've swapped skills and gear but everything feels the same am I really putting out more damage?", "Is this extra armor actually helping me at all?"
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO - I do not see this as a necessary feature, or simply do not want it, and think ZOS could better invest time and resources elsewhere
    While there are benefits to these types of systems, my purchase decisions were based in a game that plays, looks and feels like the console Skyrim and Oblivion
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NO - I am PC Masterrace...who cares about those peasant console gamers (tongue-in-cheek of course)
    lulz.

Still, yea, Combat log sounds nice to have as a default thing there. But don't ya guys want like, text communication first?
    Focus on one thing buddy ;3
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrolling combat text is coming with the Thieves Guild DLC as part of the base patch.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    This (along with a lot of other things) should have been in the game since launch. End of discussion

Don't like clutter? Love immersion? A simple "Turn Off" option would be the solution
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Scrolling combat text is coming with the Thieves Guild DLC as part of the base patch.

I thought this was the case too. It's coming......SOON(tm). Someone over there at ZOS must have finally sobered up lol.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    lulz.

Still, yea, Combat log sounds nice to have as a default thing there. But don't ya guys want like, text communication first?
    Focus on one thing buddy ;3

No. Text chat is not as important as battle text and buff trackers.

How are we supposed put builds together when we can't see how effective things are without?

Basically, stack weapon/spell damage, choose a rotation and hope for the best.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "UNDECIDED - I couldn't care less one way or another really"

Fixed that for you.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it really needed?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldnt care less. I personally feel text chat for consoles is more important also, and I have no use for battle text and scrolling stuff all over my screen, however I have no objections to this being added if others want it and as long as I am able to disable it on my screen..
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES - I want this, and other common PC addons, enough that I would consider purchasing a console addons DLC for a reasonable price if this is what it takes for ZOS to invest time and resources to bring this to fruition
    Is it really needed?

I believe it is. The fellas on PC are able to test builds, verify damage numbers, find bugs, evaluate their own effectiveness, and min/max with purpose. We on console are simply left guessing. I personally hate being reliant upon the PC community to test things for me. I want to be able to personally compare TBS vs Hundings/Julianos in my playstyle. I want to determine if I have the optimal rotation going. I want to be able to invest CPs and see their effect on my damage numbers and play around with what combos work best for me. Ultimately, if you want to be end-game, you need to min/max and that is not quite possible without damage numbers and battle logs.

Furthermore, a lot of the fun of games like this is putting together builds and trying new things. It ruins some of the fun for me as my two options are put together a tried and tested build from PC or play around with my own builds but have zero idea about build effectiveness.

Lastly, these numbers are how most of the bugs have been caught on PC. One might assume that if the PC community catches a bug, then problem solved (assuming ZOS actually fixes it). However, since console and PC coding is sometimes different, it is possible to have bugs on console that PC live does not have. For all we know we have non-functioning skill buffs and CP passives. Damage numbers would help bring this to light.

I can understand that some players do not want damage numbers on their screen, and that some couldn't care less about min/maxing or being leet. This feature should be able to be turned on/off to ensure immersion is not ruined for those that enjoy the basic UI/HUD. However, there are certainly those of us that would like the feature and it really should be basic coding for a game like this.

And to head off any comments...nope, not going to switch to PC for this feature. Too broke to get a decent gaming rig and not going to lose all my progress :p
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    "UNDECIDED - I couldn't care less one way or another really"

Fixed that for you.

Lol, thank you for the grammar lesson :p

~won't let me fix it unfortunately~
    Edited by Refuse2GrowUp on December 31, 2015 4:04PM
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely with the amount of time I sink into this game I'd pay for it. Make it happen ZOS.
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@JD2013 I heard rumors, but nothing official. Able to point me towards an official post or ESO live where they discuss this and detail what exactly is in the works?
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the damage feedback however I do not like that add-on. Way too much flying everywhere. I would like damage numbers but I also want a clean interface.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@JD2013 I heard rumors, but nothing official. Able to point me towards an official post or ESO live where they discuss this and detail what exactly is in the works?

I'll see if I can find something when I'm home :smile: I know I heard it on one of the ESO Live episodes.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!