Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Vampire Healer?

Azzuria
Azzuria
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen and heard about NB Healers in the past and have finally gotten around to rolling up one.

Question being, is Vampirism a bonus or an annoyance and what is a good build starting around level 11?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you going to roll a healer go templar...
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also vampire is mostly for pve, very bad for a healer
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vamp is fine as a healer as long as you're good, you keep harness magica up and tank keeps aggro on fire caster.

Some bosses will still be difficult, like Bogdan.

Plus most of us have enough CP to almost negate that fire damage. Barely touches me on my temp (who I've healed dungeons with) or nb
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 31, 2015 8:29AM
  • dreamfarer
    dreamfarer
    ✭✭✭
    Vamp NB healer works just fine. A Healer's biggest enemy is running out of magicka (which is always followed immediately by running out of living party members). Vamp offers some help with that via a passive.

The Bats ultimate is nice, but Nightblade healers have options of comparable value, so while Bats are a fine selling point for being a Vamp, they're not requisite by any means.

The fire vulnerability is noticeable but easy to manage in most scenarios, especially with CP to offset the damage and a basic level of play skill to be able to get out of pools of fire.

The one thing I would caution though is to NOT become a Vamp at level 11. Vamp rank increases with regular experience and at level 11 you're not earning enough per kill to advance it quickly at all. Wait till you're VR1 and each kill grants significantly more xps so that you would spend the majority of your play time looking ugly, being vulnerable to fire and having nothing to show for it since you're still Vamp rank 1 or 2.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    i heal just fine in Vet Dungeons with my Vampire Nightblade VR16 (i do just fine in PVP and in PVE also). anything is possible if you want to achieve your goals. yes playing a Vampire is more challenging, but if you enjoy the role you will adapt, overcome, and hone your combat prowess.
    Edited by Stravokov on December 31, 2015 4:44PM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used vamp and I am a NB healer but the fire weakness is a pain and I had to dump it . the biggest thing is the regeneration but that was nerfed to only work when you have a vamp ability (unnecessary nerf due to weaknesses always being present). also since refreshing shadows is now only half as good at least on PS4 ( @ZOS_GinaBruno I sure hope that has been looked into...) it has gotten a bit harder but is still viable
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used vamp and I am a NB healer but the fire weakness is a pain and I had to dump it

Which is why my Vamp NB Healer is a Dunmer. :smiley:

Thanks, guys. Very helpful.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »
    I used vamp and I am a NB healer but the fire weakness is a pain and I had to dump it

LOL try saying that in cyrodiil after taking a dawnbreaker to the face >:)
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »

LOL try saying that in cyrodiil after taking a dawnbreaker to the face >:)

I rarely, if ever, do PvP.

Mostly because I suck at it but also, because I suck at it.