The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How far can a magicka/stamina ranged dps sorcerer go in pve?

srfrogg23
srfrogg23
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I know the optimal meta for dps these days is to specialize in one resource or the other, but just for the heck of it, I'm wondering what a fairly even distribution of points between magicka and stamina on a sorcerer with a slight emphasis on stamina (5 medium/ 2 light, and a bow) would be able to accomplish in terms of endgame pve? At the moment I'm leveling an alt, a sorcerer, and am using all stamina for my stats along with medium armor and a bow. Them sorcerer abilities hit pretty hard, even without magicka stats to boost them. On top of that, sorcerers seem to have some passives that look like they would be conducive to a stamina/magicka dps build.

What kind of stat spread and gear sets would be good for making this kind of setup effective enough to at least run vet dungeons without being a hinderance to the group? Lol, spamming snipe and venom arrow is getting a bit old.

Either way, feedback, advantages and disadvantages (less than optimal damage being the obvious) would be appreciated. I haven't tried to do this just yet, so I'm looking for input from others who might have tried to make a setup like this work.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questing and solo play, go for it!
    If you want to run any end game content and not drag your group down it's going to be a stretch. You could probably top out around 10k dps single target if you were in the right gear and had the right bar setup... that's if you do everything perfect. To put that in perspective, with no ultimate on my magicka sorc I bottom out at 16k dps. Without ulti, I can max out around 22-25k dps single target. With ulti, I can pull upwards of 26-35k dps single target.
    I think you would be able to get through normal AA/HRC, and most vet dungeons shy of white gold tower and prison. If you want to do any of the harder content, you would definitely start dragging the group down.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    That being said, if you wore certain gear sets, you can minimize the negatives from splitting yourself up. It still won't be great, but if it's absolutely something you are going to do regardless then wear this: 5 pc medium 1 pc light, 1 pc heavy, all divines if possible. 5 pc twice - born star (with thief and shadow Mundus stones), 2 pc molag Kenna (since it adds both weapon and spell damage). The jewelery and weapons are up to you, but since you are focusing slightly more in stam, I'd go for agility jewelery.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right on, I'll probably roll a new character instead of trying to do something like that with this character. I've been sticking to pure stamina with this current guy because it's hard to argue how effective it is to specialize, but this sounds like a fun little side project to do with an alt to just mix things up a bit.