The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Temp PuGs healing - Shards required or can you get buy with repentance?

puffy99
puffy99
✭✭✭
Hello-

For Vet PuG dungeons are you Templar healers/dps'rs finding that you need Shards to keep the group going or is Repentance enough?
On console I don't like the double press and aim of shards In a dynamic environment and currently slot Dark Flare for range DPS damage on my dual wield bar in it's place. Repentance on resto bar as well as combat prayer and BoL on both bars.

I am just not sure if I need to learn shards or if it is needed when running Vet with Repentance.

V5 Magicka Temp
Juliannos
Willpower/Swords/Resto
Magicka Furn
thanks
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PUG? Bring shards.

You can always ask the group before starting. Most bosses I don't need shards for anymore on my tank, but a few I do, and for the ones I do there usually aren't any corpses lying around.
  • symonator
    symonator
    ✭✭✭
    Always nice for a shard here and there.

v16 - Imperial - DK Tank
    v16 - Redguard -NB Dps
    v16 - Breton Templar - Heals
    Guildmaster of the witchers (PS4 eu) - 500 members trading guild in craglorn.
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shards are mostly for the benefit of the tank. So slot it if he asks for it, don't slot it if he says he doesn't need it. If you repentance regularly, Stamina dds should be okay without shards, since picking up shards is a dps loss anyway.

You should also either run a destro staff for Elemental Drain or slot Mystic Orbs to support Magicka dds with sustain. Obviously you don't need this if your dd's are all Stamina.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a templar healer, you want to learn as many groups buff skills as you can. You will be invaluable and never in short supply of a group. They are:

1. Restoring Aura (morph - Repentance)
    2. Spear Shards (morph - Luminous Shards)
    3. Weakness to elements (morph - Elemental drain) - Destruction staff
    4. Force Siphon (morph - Siphon spirit) - Restoration staff
    5. Blessing of Protection (morph - combat prayer) - Restoration staff
    6. Necrotic Orb (morph - mystic orbs) - Undaunted
    Edited by Cuyler on December 30, 2015 8:54PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I will slot and play around with it/get gud
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I will slot and play around with it/get gud

Anytime! just a little more background:

Repentence and shards if group has stam dps or tank is not good at sustaining
    Force siphon for any magic tmeplar dps in group
    Ele drain for any mag DK dps in group
    Mystic orbs for any magic dps
    Combat prayer for any time your dps can stack for a burn (has a good heal too)

Happy Hunting!
    Edited by Cuyler on December 30, 2015 9:41PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]