The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Ward of Healing

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay I main a Sorcerer and admit to using this pre-shield nerf but now I don't. (I can now run only Hardened Ward and get all healing from my Criticals)

But I recently got my Stamblade to VR 16 and I'm having a lot of fun with it (aggressive gameplay, no stealth) but whenever I encounter a Sorcerer it becomes a pain. I mean you get them low, they cast Healing Ward, oops 9k+ shield on top of the 8k-9k Hardened Ward.

=/

Now I see why Stamina mains dislike shield stacking.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND NOW YOU UNDERSTAND
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    AND NOW YOU UNDERSTAND

SORRY
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

SORRY
    IT'S OK
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about sorc shields is like complaining about DK wings, NB cloaks and Templar BoL. Each class has a very powerful defining advantage.

OP wasn't really QQ'ing, but I can already predict the "nerf sorc shields" crowd are inc...
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah even though it is OP currently I still refuse to slot that ability whenever I play on my Sorc...

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah even though it is OP currently I still refuse to slot that ability whenever I play on my Sorc...

Use what you've got. I get called a noob by sorcs for spamming wings, but I really don't care. If it's effective, do it.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just ran into you a few minutes ago and now I feel like you're talking about me lol...because I do that religiously. And it's great lol
    Edited by DannyLV702 on December 30, 2015 5:02PM
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it's just not effective in a 1&2vX scenario anymore. I'm using mutagen like vigor and relying on crit heals as well. Most people will tear through a derpy little 8-9k shield now anyways.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Most people will tear through a derpy little 8-9k shield now anyways.
    No worries, just reapply it. Sit inside your mines with your 2 shields flinging 10k frags, then streak every time my CC immunity is down and put up more mines. Oh, don't forget to reapply shields as well in case I hit you with a 500 light attack.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I just ran into you a few minutes ago and now I feel like you're talking about me lol...because I do that religiously. And it's great lol

Nah it was from these two Sorcs, once was a Centurion I think and the other was a Captain and they stacked hardcore I mean, no offense at all just straight defense.

And I'm just like bruh..
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I main a Sorcerer and admit to using this pre-shield nerf but now I don't. (I can now run only Hardened Ward and get all healing from my Criticals)

But I recently got my Stamblade to VR 16 and I'm having a lot of fun with it (aggressive gameplay, no stealth) but whenever I encounter a Sorcerer it becomes a pain. I mean you get them low, they cast Healing Ward, oops 9k+ shield on top of the 8k-9k Hardened Ward.

=/

Now I see why Stamina mains dislike shield stacking.

This is yet another reason why the infantile 50% dmg nerf patch was the WRONG way to go about bringing balance to the Force. There were some obvious imbalance issues with certain skills, gear, exploits, etc., which should have been addressed individually.
    https://imgflip.com/i/wko72
    Edited by QuebraRegra on December 30, 2015 5:30PM
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    No nerf to Healing ward, please. It's the only thing that makes my obviously OP mag dk even more OP.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Nah it was from these two Sorcs, once was a Centurion I think and the other was a Captain and they stacked hardcore I mean, no offense at all just straight defense.

And I'm just like bruh..

I'm a centurion, but since I was running solo then I guess it really wasn't me lol
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    I feel like it's just not effective in a 1&2vX scenario anymore. I'm using mutagen like vigor and relying on crit heals as well. Most people will tear through a derpy little 8-9k shield now anyways.

Healing ward is only truly worthwhile if you can afford to spec a lot of CP into bastion, or are playing against scrubs that let you los/cloak/whatever til it goes off and you get that big heal, on magblade I don't necessarily think its worth it, on mag sorc it certainly is though, idk if any other class uses enough bastion to make it worthwhile though
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 30, 2015 5:59PM
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: I invested in Shield Breaker and I love it LOL

I occasionally get hate messages.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty easy to kill sorc's without shieldbreaker, if you do enough dmg you can hit for 6k~ with a suprise attack just try hit them with a few dot's first to poke the shield a little then prepare some burst, e.g. ambush suprise attack, fear, ult etc...

It's not too difficult, shield breaker is just a horrible set then should never of been put into the game.

Stam already have an advantage against sorc anyway but making a set that directly ignores the classes defence is stupid, it's comparable to a set stopping nb's cloaking within 50m of you, templars having their healing reduce when next to you or ignoring dk's wings.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...