The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help creating dps/tank hybrid build for my Imperial Dragonknight.

The_Smilemeister
The_Smilemeister
✭✭✭✭✭
I decided to create a new character after I was struggling to find or make a build to suit my Templar for PvP. I've always wanted to create a hybrid between a dps and tank so I had both the benefits of dealing damage whilst being able to take a lot and keep fighting. I decided to create a Imperial Dragonknight as I felt like I had a better chance of creating my ideal build from that point.

I want to utilize my magicka more than my stamina, but I still want a decent amount of stamina for my weapons (usually a one handed and shield or two handed for main choice and a bow for second). Although I've heard that vampirism isn't a good choice for the build I want, I'm more interested in the ultimate (devouring swarm) and the passives it has to offer both a method of regaining health and dealing damage as well as being able to last longer when at low health. I'm a user of heavy armour and would much like to keep using it as my primary choice to keep consistency, even if it means sacrificing some benefits from medium and light armours. These are things that I have my mind set on and will most likely keep to them, regardless of whether they're recommended or not. However I would appreciate it if anyone had suggestions which could improve or build on the choices.

Most of the problems I'm having is choosing the right abilities for the right situations and what champion points I should spend in order to either improve my current capabilities or spend them to try and counter the disadvantages of the build. I've looked as several websites for builds, notably Deltia's Gaming, to see if I can find a pre-made build and then tweak it to suit my needs, but I want to hear from the community to see what others have done when they were in my current or similar situation. I appreciate the help and I welcome any suggestions put forward.

As it's late in the night, I most likely won't be checking any responses until the morning, so I want to apologize for any inconvenience in the case of should you need to speak to me about something.
Edited by The_Smilemeister on December 30, 2015 1:25PM
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out Lefty Lucy or Sribes .... those play good tanky DPS builds
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to create a new character after I was struggling to find or make a build to suit my Templar for PvP. I've always wanted to create a hybrid between a dps and tank so I had both the benefits of dealing damage whilst being able to take a lot and keep fighting. I decided to create a Imperial Dragonknight as I felt like I had a better chance of creating my ideal build from that point.

I want to utilize my magicka more than my stamina, but I still want a decent amount of stamina for my weapons (usually a one handed and shield or two handed for main choice and a bow for second). Although I've heard that vampirism isn't a good choice for the build I want, I'm more interested in the ultimate (devouring swarm) and the passives it has to offer both a method of regaining health and dealing damage as well as being able to last longer when at low health. I'm a user of heavy armour and would much like to keep using it as my primary choice to keep consistency, even if it means sacrificing some benefits from medium and light armours. These are things that I have my mind set on and will most likely keep to them, regardless of whether they're recommended or not. However I would appreciate it if anyone had suggestions which could improve or build on the choices.

Most of the problems I'm having is choosing the right abilities for the right situations and what champion points I should spend in order to either improve my current capabilities or spend them to try and counter the disadvantages of the build. I've looked as several websites for builds, notably Deltia's Gaming, to see if I can find a pre-made build and then tweak it to suit my needs, but I want to hear from the community to see what others have done when they were in my current or similar situation. I appreciate the help and I welcome any suggestions put forward.

As it's late in the night, I most likely won't be checking any responses until the morning, so I want to apologize for any inconvenience in the case of should you need to speak to me about something.

I privite message you via psn.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    Check out Lefty Lucy or Sribes .... those play good tanky DPS builds

Thank you for this suggestion. I am looking for same. Even though my dragon knight is not vampire. I however will check what you suggested. Many thanks

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.