Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I need Tips on making a really good 1 alliance guild. Please and thank you all.

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings all I need suggestions to invite Daggerfall soldiers. So far I am only one in my newly created guild. But I am lost.
1. This guild is going to be Daggerfall alliance
2. Scourge pvp only

However I not sure how to do the following
1. Inviting people without spamming
2. Becoming a good leader
3. Do I pay to gain members?
4. What else should I do?
5. I worry about me being boring

Many thanks all.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Posting in zone every 20 minutes in this game is fine for guilds recruiting players. Everyone with a brain in this game realizes we don't have access to good recruiting tools. Expect quantity here, not quality. I'm not real sure how this works on PS4 though, just spit it out in proximity chat? There are also guild recruiting sections of these forums. Post an advert there for your guild. Use the signature option of your forums account to link to that advert or to a guild website for more exposure. Respond to as many posts as possible.

2. As in RL, Confidence is key. Act the part even if you're not sure of yourself. Eventually you'll have the experience and won't need to act it. Join other guilds (good ones) with experienced leaders. Learn from them, ask questions. Most guilds are not a stand alone entity but network with other guilds sharing membership and working together.

3. NO. Players taking "donations" to a guild with quickly take your gold and leave. Provide a service of value to them to entice new members. A TS, some guild bank support, advice, fast AP farming and the comradery that exists between soldiers that have experienced the crucible of combat together are more than enough incentive.

4. Can't stress enough about joining other guilds to build a network. I'm not saying to poach players for a guild, but you may find someone within a guild your in that has an open guild slot and able to join yours. Whenever your in a group mention you started a guild and are recruiting (just not in another guilds group chat unless directed to a specific player). This is how you get the quality over the quantity.

5. Again confidence is key. As a general rule, if you are bored your group will be bored. You're activity level in chat should always be slightly above that of your group.
    Edited by Cuyler on December 29, 2015 6:01PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run a Trade Guild and a PvE Guild for about 16 months. While I don't have experience leading a pure PvP Guild, some helpful tips should still apply:

- You'll need at least a couple of officers to help you. Try to recruit trusted friends you've played with for a while that have goals similar to your own. ESO's lack of MMO Guild Tools makes multiple trustworthy officers a necessity.

- Recruiting your base is an ongoing responsibility. I tell my officers that the day you stop recruiting is the day you start dying. Having threads on these forums, www.tamrielfoundry.com and you own independent website can help immeasurably if used effectively.

- Everything @Cuyler recommended.

- Schedule events. Since ESO has no built in calendar you can use the Message of the Day, in-game mail and / or an external website to let your members know what your doing and when it's scheduled.

- Control and restrict access to your Guild Bank. ESO has no tiered bank access so its important to protect yourself from thieves. For my Guilds I only allow Officers to deposit or withdraw, and any requests for items from the members go thru the officers.

- A good Guild Name can be a great benefit. It should at least give a hint as to the purpose / style of the Guild. Some use this tip ironically (I.e We Wipe On Trash is a top tier raiding Guild)

- Have a focus. Too many guilds want to be "all in one", a style that conflicts with ESO's 5 Guild allotment. Stick to what you know and you'll have an easier time recruiting and maintaining members, as you'll be able to offerca particular service that makes you worth a Guild Slot.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    1. Posting in zone every 20 minutes in this game is fine for guilds recruiting players. Everyone with a brain in this game realizes we don't have access to good recruiting tools. Expect quantity here, not quality. I'm not real sure how this works on PS4 though, just spit it out in proximity chat? There are also guild recruiting sections of these forums. Post an advert there for your guild. Use the signature option of your forums account to link to that advert or to a guild website for more exposure. Respond to as many posts as possible.

2. As in RL, Confidence is key. Act the part even if you're not sure of yourself. Eventually you'll have the experience and won't need to act it. Join other guilds (good ones) with experienced leaders. Learn from them, ask questions. Most guilds are not a stand alone entity but network with other guilds sharing membership and working together.

3. NO. Players taking "donations" to a guild with quickly take your gold and leave. Provide a service of value to them to entice new members. A TS, some guild bank support, advice, fast AP farming and the comradery that exists between soldiers that have experienced the crucible of combat together are more than enough incentive.

4. Can't stress enough about joining other guilds to build a network. I'm not saying to poach players for a guild, but you may find someone within a guild your in that has an open guild slot and able to join yours. Whenever your in a group mention you started a guild and are recruiting (just not in another guilds group chat unless directed to a specific player). This is how you get the quality over the quantity.

5. Again confidence is key. As a general rule, if you are bored your group will be bored. You're activity level in chat should always be slightly above that of your group.

1. I Thank you for tips on recruiting every 20 minutes. I was worried about spamming
    2. What I need is confidence and I need to believe in myself more. You are right. I agree. I have this one guild I just joined.
    3. Thanks for giving me the warning. I am to trusting. Want everyone to be happy. I need to figure out to entice. Real nice idea.
    4. I thank you for this tip.
    5. I try to believe myself a little harder. I also need to speak more and not shy. Very not talkitive in groups. I will worker harder. I thank you again for all these tips.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    I've run a Trade Guild and a PvE Guild for about 16 months. While I don't have experience leading a pure PvP Guild, some helpful tips should still apply:

- You'll need at least a couple of officers to help you. Try to recruit trusted friends you've played with for a while that have goals similar to your own. ESO's lack of MMO Guild Tools makes multiple trustworthy officers a necessity.

- Recruiting your base is an ongoing responsibility. I tell my officers that the day you stop recruiting is the day you start dying. Having threads on these forums, www.tamrielfoundry.com and you own independent website can help immeasurably if used effectively.

- Everything @Cuyler recommended.

- Schedule events. Since ESO has no built in calendar you can use the Message of the Day, in-game mail and / or an external website to let your members know what your doing and when it's scheduled.

- Control and restrict access to your Guild Bank. ESO has no tiered bank access so its important to protect yourself from thieves. For my Guilds I only allow Officers to deposit or withdraw, and any requests for items from the members go thru the officers.

- A good Guild Name can be a great benefit. It should at least give a hint as to the purpose / style of the Guild. Some use this tip ironically (I.e We Wipe On Trash is a top tier raiding Guild)

- Have a focus. Too many guilds want to be "all in one", a style that conflicts with ESO's 5 Guild allotment. Stick to what you know and you'll have an easier time recruiting and maintaining members, as you'll be able to offerca particular service that makes you worth a Guild Slot.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I've got two who I can count on to become officers. I keep recruiting more. Nice advice. I thank you. I have no guild bank. But I will lock mine up when I have enough gamers. Thanks for heads up. I let my officers use to. I have a name for my guild to come to think of it. I also will start posting schedules and events after I read this. I thank you. All these suggestions will help me as well. I thank you. :smile:
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    Greetings all I need suggestions to invite Daggerfall soldiers. So far I am only one in my newly created guild. But I am lost.
    1. This guild is going to be Daggerfall alliance
    2. Scourge pvp only

However I not sure how to do the following
    1. Inviting people without spamming
    2. Becoming a good leader
    3. Do I pay to gain members?
    4. What else should I do?
    5. I worry about me being boring

Many thanks all.

Sorry.. but.. you are basing your guild on unreality....

True, your guild will be based in the alliance you created it.. which means it can only claim keeps and resources in DC. HOWEVER,

In no way can you prevent your members from creating characters in other alliance, unless you want to alienate good players, who usually have characters in all alliances, by kicking them from the guild if you see them on another alliance.

Spam is subjective.. once every 10 min is not. HOWEVER, if you want solely AvA players, you will have to spam in Cyrodiil. Frankly, most of them already have a good AVA guild, and wont even look at a new guild.

Good leaders, again, subjective. Better for you to join someone elses established guild and LEARN what that means.

Paying to gain members? Do you really want mercenaries who will have no loyalty to you.. Says you are not a good leader there, right off.

Stop wanting to change the world, learn from better guild leaders, then go of with yoru dream.. If you really want tho, you can keep your personal guild see if there are likeminded players out there.

If you are boring.. and good at pvp.. who cares.??
    If you are boring and SUCK at PVP,,,.. no one will follow you are prob even group with you...

What was the point again?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, trying to make a new guild now is incredibly hard. Everyone is in at least 2 good guilds (pvp, pledges) and one or two trading guilds.

Most players will have no reason to join another guild, unless space becomes available in on of the two guilds mentioned above.

You're much better off trying to find a good guild and become an active member in that.

Not raining on your parade, just saying how it is.
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 30, 2015 4:30PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »

1. I Thank you for tips on recruiting every 20 minutes. I was worried about spamming
    2. What I need is confidence and I need to believe in myself more. You are right. I agree. I have this one guild I just joined.
    3. Thanks for giving me the warning. I am to trusting. Want everyone to be happy. I need to figure out to entice. Real nice idea.
    4. I thank you for this tip.
    5. I try to believe myself a little harder. I also need to speak more and not shy. Very not talkitive in groups. I will worker harder. I thank you again for all these tips.

Anytime! Good luck and if you're having trouble or have more questions feel free to ask here or pm me B)

Happy hunting!
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • mmstf
    mmstf
    Soo yeah dude at rhis point in the game it's easier to join guilds than to form them but you can allways give it a go as long as you keep in mind it's a lengthy process and it takes some time and dedication as you are the main thing keeping the guild together untill you find trustworthy officers.
    Main word being trust and it is given to a certain point untill it is finnaly earned or at least in my guild.
    Recruiting wise its just a matter of time as you can't force or afford to bribr members just decide what you want to focus your guild on and advertise to the extent you see fit don't spam just enjoy the game, maybe join some guilds yourself in the process do some networking and in my experience it will go pretty smooth.
    In my opinion never pay or ofer any services for joinig the guild except the perks that usually come eith any guild such as expanding your game experience regular events and group activities the odd contest if you see fit and joint bank access as long as they don't troll or resell and likewise excepting trading guilds that need to keep traders i do not see the point in membership fees for guilds either donations welcome but should not be required .
    There are many ways to run a guild and a lot of aspects to focus on either pvp or pve even both you just need to figure out your way and search for like minded people.
    Proud guildmaster of Nazaric, a nice PS4-EU-AD guild XD.