The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can all the main quests please scale to your level?

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I finally decided to finish off some Harborage quests.. at VR7. The one in particular was Tharn Speaks or something like that. I had to talk to him at the mages guild, then travel to some ayleid place. This location was not scaled like most others - they were around level 25. I could literally shield bash an enemy or throw down caltrops to take out an entire room. Going to admit, this wasn't a lot of fun and I annoyed a lot of lower level players. Yes I could have just ran through, but I wanted to make a point.
Can we get every area related to the main quest scaled so you can go do it at your own leisure?
  • Sykotical
    Sykotical
    ✭✭✭
    I wish. The last time (afaic) the subject of scalable content came up... well, @DDuke put it well.
    See http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1663371/#Comment_1663371
    Edited by Sykotical on December 29, 2015 7:19AM
    Son Azoth | Breton Nightblade
    PC - NA - DC - myCampaignTBD
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tharn Speaks is the only part of the Main Quest which doesn't scale, and that's only because it takes place in a non-instanced location within an existing zone. All the other Main Quest places are instanced, and they do scale.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Unless it is only in Silver and Gold.The quests not in these two categories should NOT be leveled to your level.If you cant kill a earlier boss at whatever level you are,as it is now,you can level up higher,return,and kick his butt.However,if you scale to your level all quests,if you couldnt kill him then,you may not be able to even though you return at a higher level.
    No thanks.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    No.
    Unless it is only in Silver and Gold.The quests not in these two categories should NOT be leveled to your level.If you cant kill a earlier boss at whatever level you are,as it is now,you can level up higher,return,and kick his butt.However,if you scale to your level all quests,if you couldnt kill him then,you may not be able to even though you return at a higher level.
    No thanks.
    The OP is only talking about the Main Quest, not any of the others.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest?

http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Tharn_Speaks

I wish the dungeon you get sent to would be instanced and scaled to you while on that quest.
    Edited by Maotti on January 20, 2016 5:54AM
    PC EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    This quest?

I wish the dungeon you get sent to would be instanced and scaled to you while on that quest.

Yeah I think that was the one - where you find out the location of Sai. I know it's a public dungeon, but I don't understand why they put part of the main quest in there when most of the others are scaled.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    This quest?

Yeah I think that was the one - where you find out the location of Sai. I know it's a public dungeon, but I don't understand why they put part of the main quest in there when most of the others are scaled.

Yep i agree. I like to do the mainquestdæline at V1 but this quest prevents me from doing that.

I just wish they could introduce zonedownscaling already.
    PC EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest?

Datamining may partly explain the "why" of it. There's a loading screen called "Chapter 3_5", which corresponds to this quest, showing Tharn near the Imperial City. It would seem that whatever place that was the loading screen for (presumably somewhere in Cyrodiil) was dropped, and they moved the content instead into one of the delves. Of course that doesn't explain why they dropped that place, and certainly doesn't explain why they updated the artwork of a loading screen which is not used.
    320px-ON-load-Chapter_3_5_%28old%29.jpg 320px-ON-load-Chapter_3_5.jpg
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    My take on the why would be that it sent a player into a PvP zone to complete a PvE quest, which opens them up to potentially having progress blocked by an activity they had no interest in (not getting into that argument ;) )
    I'm betting this was voted out in design meetings at some point, but I agree on the strange decision to change the actual loading screen.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take on the why would be that it sent a player into a PvP zone to complete a PvE quest, which opens them up to potentially having progress blocked by an activity they had no interest in (not getting into that argument ;) )
    I'm betting this was voted out in design meetings at some point, but I agree on the strange decision to change the actual loading screen.
    Nah, Sancre Tor is in Cyrodiil as well, and they kept that in. You'd get ported to the location directly from the Harborage, and wouldn't actually need to set foot in the Cyrodiil zone.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally decided to finish off some Harborage quests.. at VR7. The one in particular was Tharn Speaks or something like that. I had to talk to him at the mages guild, then travel to some ayleid place. This location was not scaled like most others - they were around level 25. I could literally shield bash an enemy or throw down caltrops to take out an entire room. Going to admit, this wasn't a lot of fun and I annoyed a lot of lower level players. Yes I could have just ran through, but I wanted to make a point.
    Can we get every area related to the main quest scaled so you can go do it at your own leisure?
    You mean play it like an Elder Scrolls game? Don't you know this is DAOC 2?
    :trollin:
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    No.
    No thanks.
    The OP is only talking about the Main Quest, not any of the others.

Well,even that,I am not sure I'd like any quests to change from what they are now.This is only my personal opinion.I'm not really into scaling to begin with.
    As to the main quest,I've always done it as was prompted to.But I thought those quests were to your level.Actually,I never paid much attention.I just went on and did them.I think I'll check out the levels of those main story quests I havent done with one of my alts. Something I dont know about.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there was a GM around or devs watching then your "point" might have been valid otherwise you were being a richard for no "point", but yeah would be nice if more of eso scaled.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol