The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Using Joystick For Aiming?

joleda4ub17_ESO
joleda4ub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Is it possible to use a joystick to control aiming with the cross-hairs? If so, does anyone have a recommendation?

I'm getting a vertical mouse to help with pain and I'm curious if a joystick could also be used. Thanks!
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    if you have wrist pain from using a mouse, use a controller instead.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah like beerninja said use a controller or a track ball would work better than a joystick.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a wireless xbox 360 controller and a usb receiver. It doesn't connect to windows. I'm so pissed. Why can't this be easy?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a wireless xbox 360 controller and a usb receiver. It doesn't connect to windows. I'm so pissed. Why can't this be easy?

oh. I see your PC. You can use the new controller support by turning it on in your ui settings I think. I use thiry party software to map my controller layout called, "pinnacle".
    Edited by Cuyler on December 30, 2015 8:59PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was really just venting...

I turned on controller support in game. The wireless receiver is installed without error. Apparently the wireless controller won't connect?!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you sync them by hitting the button on the receiver and the controller at the same time so the green light on the receiver lights up and remains on?
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The green light on the receiver comes on after plugging in and stays on.

Should the X light on the controller stay on? I hold it for 2 seconds and it blinks like 20 times and quits.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The green light on the receiver comes on after plugging in and stays on.

Should the X light on the controller stay on? I hold it for 2 seconds and it blinks like 20 times and quits.

Yes the X light on the controller must remain on as well. I had the same problem when I first did mine but can't remember now it's been so long. I remember raging out too...hang in there, wish I could be more help.

IIRC I just restarted the computer or reinstalled the receiver at it just worked the second time. I din't have to do anything but follow the directions but I remember it giving me trouble the first few times trying to connect to the receiver.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Thanks!

I'm totally confused on why this isn't plug-n-play. These controllers cost way too much to be this fickle.