The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's talk about Elusive Mist

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It's not -at all- elusive.

I decided to pick up vampirism again on my Stamplar for the first time since before 1.6 because I'm reaching for anything to help me escape and survive a little better in PvP. I think all the recent nerfs to this ability were pretty uncalled for, but there is one aspect of the ability that drives me freaking insane...

I can live with the nerf to magicka regeneration. I can live with how easy it is now to target and attack the vampire in the mist. I can live with the dumb immobilize that takes place when a player charges you. But please please PLEASE make Elusive Mist immune to snares and direct cc/immobilizes - it makes ZERO sense logically that a player can lock down the mist like that and is a direct contradiction to the NAME OF THE ABILITY.

You guys, seriously?
Edited by Solariken on January 1, 2016 6:04PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to argue at all the elusive mist isn't hot garbage in it's current form.

However, on the subject of stamplar mobility, what about quick cloak?

Given the amount of things in the game that are considered AoE(sorc curse, most ultis, jabs, etc.), a 20% damage mitigation + speed buff seems like its worth a bar slot, especially given how few useful templar abilities you need to try to fit on your bar and when combined with Shuffle you've got snare immunity+mobility+situational defensive buffs
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 28, 2015 10:24PM
  • KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    It's not -at all- elusive.

I decided to pick up vampirism again on my Stamplar for the first time since before 1.6 because I'm reaching for anything to help me escape and survive a little better in PvP. I think all the recent nerfs to this ability were pretty uncalled for, but there is one aspect of the ability that drives me freaking insane...

I can live with the nerf to magicka regeneration. I can live with how easy it is now to target and attack the vampire in the mist now. I can live with the dumb immobilize that takes place when a player charges you. But please please PLEASE make Elusive Mist immune to snares and immobilizes - it makes ZERO sense logically that a player can lock down the mist like that and is a direct contradiction to the NAME OF THE ABILITY.

You guys, seriously?

I've had the same issues with Clouding Swarm on Xbox. Its suppose to make you invisible, so if I'm invisible, only AoE abilities should be able to get me, yet I could be wrecking blow'd mid-way through the invisibility.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I'm not going to argue at all the elusive mist isn't hot garbage in it's current form.

However, on the subject of stamplar mobility, what about quick cloak?

Given the amount of things in the game that are considered AoE(sorc curse, most ultis, jabs, etc.), a 20% damage mitigation + speed buff seems like its worth a bar slot, especially given how few useful templar abilities you need to try to fit on your bar and when combined with Shuffle you've got snare immunity+mobility+situational defensive buffs

Quick Cloak is really good, I love it for what it gives. But I'm not crazy about dual wield in small group PvP, partly because it sucks to have to give up two skill slots for mobility and partly because I can't think of a good skill combo/rotation with it. I very much prefer 2h/bow because I've got a lethal rotation with that setup.

But pure mobility isn't an issue, I get that from bow+dodge roll. It's the escape that's more valuable. I've got some serious sorc/nb envy but I'm a diehard Templar. :P
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I have talked to many people who support the concept of mist form providing snare/roots. It was definitely a bit too strong when it could not be targeted whatsoever, so a good middle ground would be allowing targeting of skills and gap closers (minus their garbage root) to keep up with misters.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have talked to many people who support the concept of mist form providing snare/roots. It was definitely a bit too strong when it could not be targeted whatsoever, so a good middle ground would be allowing targeting of skills and gap closers (minus their garbage root) to keep up with misters.

Yeah, I think it's great that the Mist is vulnerable to charges and all other attacks, that was a needed change. But snare and root vulnerability is utter ridiculousness.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mist Form need's to be immune to snare's and immobilizes.

Mist Form:

Dissolve into a dark mist to reduce all damage dealt to you by 75%.
    While active, you are also invulnerable to control effects and healing magic, and you gain Major Expedition, increasing your Movement Speed by 40%.

What are control effect's? Is this just hard cc? No soft cc?

I personally think Mist Form should be immune to everything. Considering it's only used for escape and you cannot heal..

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 29, 2015 5:18AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    ...not to mention you're freaking mist...
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this makes mist form almost completely useless, which is awful because of its high cost, penalty to magicka regen, and just the overall inability for escape options on DK and Templar.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist sucks 9 times out of 10. Period. Either fix the skill or remove it, but don't make fools of us ZOS. :|
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just took elusive mist of my skill bar the other day, no point in having it on there now tbh.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious how many of you use mist form on a lightweight build. I have fought many Temps and dks that use it for escape successfully, just none who use cloth or leather.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be much happier if they just removed the skill and made it into the vampire's optional travel form (mount). Then gave vampires 4 new skills and fix drain.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 30, 2015 9:44PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    Snares / roots of any kind should not affect Mist Form if they are applied to the player while active, although perhaps they should if the user casts the skill while snared or rooted?
    I'm better.
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of times I've casted mistform and it has consumed magicka and I've entered mistform only to be taken out IMMEDIATLY and slowed to a snails pace is unreal.

I still make great use of mistform to shut down fear spammers and streakers while PvP tanking.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    it's terrible and needs changing
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    also it should grant dodge chance
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »

This. If you can't get away while using it the skill becomes functionally useless. On top of this you accept huge penalties being a vamp just to get it. Not worth it currently.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most idiotic thing about mist is gap closer stun. I understand why ppl didn't like being unable to target misted person. but the way gap closers work right now - I suggest misted ppl should be targetable by abilities except gap closers. That's fair, don't you think?
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Most idiotic thing about mist is gap closer stun. I understand why ppl didn't like being unable to target misted person. but the way gap closers work right now - I suggest misted ppl should be targetable by abilities except gap closers. That's fair, don't you think?

Yeah, I would support that, but it seems unlikely that they will change the targeting mechanics.

In case anyone was wondering what specific ability caused me to rage about this on the forums... It was Talons.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing I don't like about using mistform is being locked down by charges. Rest is fine imo, it's a freaking 75% damage reduction with hard cc immunity, very similar to a magical block except you move faster not slower in it. If you want to counter roots and snares as well - wich always were the counter to mistform - use rapid maneuver. That it costs a lot, takes another skill slot and the effects partly don't stack is more than justified by the fact you are trying to erase all counters against your setup with it.

Edit: Shieldbreaker is *** as well ofc. But as with charges, that is another skill, and can't be solved by adjusting mistform itself.
    Edited by ToRelax on January 5, 2016 6:55PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ghosted
    Ghosted
    I liked the escapability pre-patch, if they would just remove the icon above my head, with the constant gap close and snare spam there isn't much use for the skill in pvp atm
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »

75% Damage mitigation and Dodge, no sir I think not.