The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magic or Stamina?

mashugana
mashugana
As a new player is it better to focus on the Stamina based abilities of the weapon or the Magic based abilities of the class? Or do you mix them?

If I put all my points in Magic does that make Stamina abilities useless? Or do you still use them they are just not quite as effective?

I'm a tad overwhelmed by the choices and worried about gimping my character - thanks!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to slant to the type of class you want to play But you are not locked if you decide you want to go a different path you can respec with game gold or crowns from ESO You can still use a area without putting any points in it I am a stamina nightblade with zero I magika but I use it for many abbilites
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As magicka build you only use stamina for blocking, breaking-free and dodging.

As stamina build you only use magicka for utility abilities. For DKs reflective scales, for NBs cloak and for sorcs boudless storm for example.

You dont want to use magicka based skills like heals or dmg shields because they scale off your max magicka/spell dmg so its not worth it.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hijack the thread but instead of me making a new one.
    Should I go magika Templar dps? Instead of my stamina v16
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina for PvP and Magicka for PvE