The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvP & Factions

cathyshively101b14_ESO
I have been thinking a great deal on PvP faction choices. We all know that some of the largest guilds split to play opposing factions only to go after the third faction while not targeting their chosen guild splits. For example, say several large active guilds are not happy with AD. This is only an example so it would be nice to keep this as only an example... Now, since I have given yellow as an targeted example, that leaves these large guilds teaming up as Red and Blue. According to the Red and Blue guilds, they are told NOT to fight each other, but to only fight the third build that would for this example as Yellow. That's pretty messed up if you ask me and lacks integrity in my book. If I choose to play Blue for instance, then anything outside blue is my target. Period. There is NO grouping up of opposing factions only to try to take out one specific faction. I find this extremely distasteful and just wrong.

Now, what I'd like to put forth is this. Since each Campaign is a full month of playing, why can't those from ESO implement a faction choice per account wide where only one faction choice can chosen and played for this entire duration of a complete campaign? Then, after the campaign ends and you find that you don't like the one you've been playing, then you can switch and choose to play a different one. That is, if you have a character of that faction of course.

I would greatly love to see this happen. I've wanted to see this happen for years. I'm not a young player and have been pvp'ing more years that most have been alive most likely. Why is it that this has never been given a thought or option? I understand people are never happy and many would not want to see this happen. But why not? Though I must give eso a thumbs up as their games have been some of my most enjoyed. Elder Scrolls of all types by far my favorite.

So, why not consider this and implement this in game in the future since it's not implemented now?

Thanks for reading. I personally find this to be a brilliant idea. Then again, mom's that play are awesome anyway. *winks*

Happy Gaming.
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been thinking a great deal on PvP faction choices. We all know that some of the largest guilds split to play opposing factions only to go after the third faction while not targeting their chosen guild splits. For example, say several large active guilds are not happy with AD. This is only an example so it would be nice to keep this as only an example... Now, since I have given yellow as an targeted example, that leaves these large guilds teaming up as Red and Blue. According to the Red and Blue guilds, they are told NOT to fight each other, but to only fight the third build that would for this example as Yellow. That's pretty messed up if you ask me and lacks integrity in my book. If I choose to play Blue for instance, then anything outside blue is my target. Period. There is NO grouping up of opposing factions only to try to take out one specific faction. I find this extremely distasteful and just wrong.

Now, what I'd like to put forth is this. Since each Campaign is a full month of playing, why can't those from ESO implement a faction choice per account wide where only one faction choice can chosen and played for this entire duration of a complete campaign? Then, after the campaign ends and you find that you don't like the one you've been playing, then you can switch and choose to play a different one. That is, if you have a character of that faction of course.

I would greatly love to see this happen. I've wanted to see this happen for years. I'm not a young player and have been pvp'ing more years that most have been alive most likely. Why is it that this has never been given a thought or option? I understand people are never happy and many would not want to see this happen. But why not? Though I must give eso a thumbs up as their games have been some of my most enjoyed. Elder Scrolls of all types by far my favorite.

So, why not consider this and implement this in game in the future since it's not implemented now?

Thanks for reading. I personally find this to be a brilliant idea. Then again, mom's that play are awesome anyway. *winks*

Happy Gaming.

They're actually taking it the opposite direction and allowing people to put alts from opposing factions in the same campaign if I remember correctly.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ the OP

I can't speak for all players and guilds, but I know some people who have rolled ALTs on opposing factions to help balance the fights. Three-way AvA fights are great, but there are times when one faction can dominate a campaign so much that the other two factions don't bother logging in anymore. We've seen this happen again and again. The usual argument by the dominating faction, let's use Yellow in your example, is for the other two factions, Blue and Red, to team up and push Yellow back. But you are saying the complete opposite.

To be perfectly honest, most of the people I know want fun fights. Some are strictly loyal to one faction. I have been loyal to AD for a long, long time. But I can you what's not fun. And that's to log into a map that is completely yellow and have no one to fight. So if some players choose to play other factions to help balance the map, then I support them 100%.
  • cathyshively101b14_ESO
    I understand what you are saying Max. I really do. But, when you have a Campaign that lasts for a months duration of time, wouldn't it make sense to lock in a faction to fight it as a choice for it's entire duration of time for an entire account? I wouldn't mind seeing different campaigns where you could play a separate faction than the month long one. Thus creating totally separate types of campaigns to PvP on without complicating one another.

I'm not sure if I'm fully explaining what I mean, but I'm trying anyway. And I hope you try to see what I'm saying.

Thanks....
  • cathyshively101b14_ESO
    I personally feel that if you start fighting in a campaign on a faction, then you should finish that campaign on that same faction for it's duration of time. Period.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand what you are saying Max. I really do. But, when you have a Campaign that lasts for a months duration of time, wouldn't it make sense to lock in a faction to fight it as a choice for it's entire duration of time for an entire account? I wouldn't mind seeing different campaigns where you could play a separate faction than the month long one. Thus creating totally separate types of campaigns to PvP on without complicating one another.

I'm not sure if I'm fully explaining what I mean, but I'm trying anyway. And I hope you try to see what I'm saying.

Thanks....

I do understand. I really do. In reality, we're supposed to fight for the faction of our choice for the duration of the campaign. And that's fine. This last Azura was pretty even for most of the campaign. Yellow is guaranteed a win even though the campaign has days remaining. And one could also say it's about time as Yellow hasn't won the campaign for quite a while. But it sure wasn't fun this last couple of weeks to log in and sometimes have no one to fight. I'm Oceanic time, by the way. So perhaps the NA prime time had a different experience.

But...factions need to sometimes pull back. Pushing too much causes other factions to not bother playing. It's no fun to be outnumbered and get run over by a Zerg. And we all know this. But if we can't hold back, then another option is to re-roll or play ALTs. Believe me, though, if I choose to play against the Yellow, I'm gonna fight both Yellow and The other color. My sole purpose will be to defend what we have, keep the other factions from crowning an Emperor, and find fun fights.
  • cathyshively101b14_ESO
    Well, one thing I'd like to say is that I certainly appreciate the good feedback. I die a lot, but that's ok since it helps me learn from it. I'm also fearless and opposing names don't mean much to me. I win, I lose. Though (looks around making sure a certain someone isn't in the computer room.) <whispers> I have thought about playing A different faction just to hunt down the hubby and giving him nightmares just to hear him scream my name. Though it wouldn't be flattering. But still fun. Anyway, I'm sure everything will work itself out as time moves forward. We females can be so evil sometimes. Lol