The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS Tracking

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
What good addons are there for DPS tracking? I was told to use FTC, but it appears to be out of date now, and everyone keeps telling me it's no longer supported. So I was told to try LUI Extended, but I didn't really like that. So is there anything else that anyone would suggest?
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any takers?
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, damn. Thought there might be something out there.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GroupDamage is currently the only addon with the capability to record other's DPS on an accurate and reliable measure. FTC has a beta function but it seems Atrophos is mia or uninterested in upkeeping FTC.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking to track just your dps? your groups? or a complete HUD overhaul with buff tracking, cooldowns etc.?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looking to track my own, @Cuyler . And really, I just want to be able to see my damage. I don't use anything currently. I held off on using addons other than stuff for trade guilds (Master Merchant and AwesomeGuildStore). No real reason I guess. But not knowing how decent of a DPS I am is hindering my grouping abilities.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Just looking to track my own, @Cuyler . And really, I just want to be able to see my damage. I don't use anything currently. I held off on using addons other than stuff for trade guilds (Master Merchant and AwesomeGuildStore). No real reason I guess. But not knowing how decent of a DPS I am is hindering my grouping abilities.

was there a reason you didn't like LUI? you can configure it to only be the damage meter if you don't like the HUD effects.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC works perfectly to track DPS and has the most intricate break down and informational access that works. The only other DPS tracker around that had indepth break downs as well was Combat Analytics but that is out of working order. FTC is out of date but works with no hiccups. Just make sure to turn off STC icons as it causes heavy lag.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give LUI Extgended another shot. Ah, I must have had STC icons on for FTC, I thought the lag was due to it being out of date.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off;
    Display STC Icons
    Combat Log
    Target Buffs
    Shorten Numbers
    Allow Healing Trigger
    Allow DPS Sharing

All of those will add onto additional info that will cause your connection to the servers experience more stress and thus higher latency. I run with all of those off and experience no issues anymore.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on December 30, 2015 5:37AM

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC works perfectly to track DPS and has the most intricate break down and informational access that works. The only other DPS tracker around that had indepth break downs as well was Combat Analytics but that is out of working order. FTC is out of date but works with no hiccups. Just make sure to turn off STC icons as it causes heavy lag.

@ThePonzzz, what @Gilliamtherogue the rogue said is my experience as well. You should have no problems with the out of date FTC and it has a very accurate damage report. I use LUI, FTC and GroupDamage currently. Just turn off all the bells and whistles so your left with just the damage meter. If your getting UI errrors, pickup "bugeater" as well as a quick solution.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, giving LUI Extended another shot last night and I'm reminded on a few reasons I removed it.

When I get stunned, immobilized, or feared, I don't always see the animation anymore, which typically gets me killed. What can I turn off to help with performance? I like a lot of the features, but I turn off the custom player and target windows. I moved some things around and added numbers to the default player and target bars. Everything else is default.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again tonight, this time in PvP, I was immobilized, but there was no indication that I was until I was dead. I just get a null response from all game commands like I'm frozen. The game around me still moves though. Turning off LUIE fixes the problem.

The other problem is, my health bar sometimes says I'm at 0 after I'm rezzed and will stay at 0 until I take damage again. This causes the red tint to stay, my camera to be hazy and locked, and no real way to know where my health is at.

I'd hope my system is more than enough. I have 16GB, i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, AMD Radeon R9 290x Turbo Duo, on Win10. But something about this addon just lags my combat. I do like it though. Seeing the numbers is what I really want.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after a week of using LUIE, I really enjoy what it offers. I notice some issues like I described above though, especially when I'm in large parties. It's caused me some deaths during world bosses in Wrothgar and a few PvP deaths I could have survived, but overall, it's what I was looking for.