The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Para bellum

NoS_smoke
NoS_smoke
✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone has used 5 piece para bellum for pvp. Seems like it could be pretty good coming out of stealth with 12 dmg shield. Let me know what y'all think.
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Not worth it
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worth it if that shield is affected by battle spirit.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Not worth it if that shield is affected by battle spirit.

I agree, but if it is not affected I think having a 12k shield coming out of stealth on my nb is better than an extra set bonus
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if you have a lot of cp to boost your damage enough, i think it will be great setup. But if you end up with only 6k sheild due to battle spirit, then it's meh
    Edited by Soris on December 29, 2015 9:00PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • solynar
    solynar
    Its mildly anoying in 1v1 / me vs your group situations. Barely even noticed in group vs group pvp
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A niche set that fail's because of poor implementation. The hunt leader is another good example of this. There's no point really trying to utilize these set's when you could have have flat damage increase's.

Para Bellum - Shield is to weak or Cooldown is to long.

Hunt Leader - Incoming stat's to weak and Cooldown also to long. (This set is even worse because nb shades and sorc pet's do not scale off stamina so there damage is just terrible.

Both sets need buff's. However there is hardly any pts testing. Shield breaker got a huge buff and is now a set people hate with a passion. However i think it's a good addition to create diversity. This is what we need. Really good set's with hard mechanic's. Like engine guardian, you need to learn to bash that set.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 30, 2015 4:03AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    A niche set that fail's because of poor implementation. The hunt leader is another good example of this. There's no point really trying to utilize these set's when you could have have flat damage increase's.

Para Bellum - Shield is to weak or Cooldown is to long.

Hunt Leader - Incoming stat's to weak and Cooldown also to long. (This set is even worse because nb shades and sorc pet's do not scale off stamina so there damage is just terrible.

Both sets need buff's. However there is hardly any pts testing. Shield breaker got a huge buff and is now a set people hate with a passion. However i think it's a good addition to create diversity. This is what we need. Really good set's with hard mechanic's. Like engine guardian, you need to learn to bash that set.

What buff did shieldbreaker get?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    What buff did shieldbreaker get?

Good question. There was so much crying about this set I think ZOS are afraid to touch it
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Alcast

Shield Breaker used to be only 1k damage in pts. They bumped it to what it is now, 2.1k.
    PS4 NA DC
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will second what GreenSoup2HoT said, they doubled the power of shield breaker since people first went on about how its damage was worthless. Wrobler asked about sets people may like seeing that aren't raw damage but if they buffed the sets that are in game that aren't raw damage, and bumped some to v16 from the few level ranges they come in now maybe there would be more options.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @cp5

I could name hundred's of set's that could use buff's. So many unique playstyle's could be made with these set's, however damage is all the rage atm.

Set's i want v16:

Archer's Mind
    Morang Tong
    Shadowwalker
    Nightshade
    Night mothers embrace
    Quick Serpent (Vicious as well)
    Savior's Hide
    Shrouded Armour (My favorite set in the game)
    Stygian
    Sunderflame
    Undaunted Set's (not monster helmet's.)
    Viper's Sting

All these set's are medium. However none of these come in v16. Are they worthless now? When veteran level's are removed will they still have a place in the game?

(Keep in mind im a Medium Armour user, i'm unaware of any light/heavy set's people wish were v16)

There are actually plenty of crafted set's i would list as well that i would gladly use, if only the 5 piece was a little modified. One example is Vampire's Kiss. This set only grant's health on kill's. Why not grant health over time after you feed on someone? Then you could go up to people in pvp, feed on them and have a great incoming heal to start the fight. Little thing's that would make the game so much fun.

So many idea's on these forum's get out right ignored. Zos is to busy making content and hasn't realized half of the content that's out is broken or un-balanced.

All the dramatic mechanic change's such as roll dodge penalty and no stamina return while blocking are huge mechanic's that were not even the leading issue's. Did anyone ever point at Engine Guardian and go? Jeeez this thing is proc'ing way to much...this one set i believe was the leading cause to these nerf's.... and in my opinion ruined stamina classes. You used to be able to run almost no healing and just time your roll's and blocks and win fight's. Now it's just healing. Don't even bother blocking either.

Kinda went on a rant there... this game just keep's narrowing it's view and i have yet to see any positive growth since console release. Just keep layering those broken patches Zos...

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 31, 2015 7:05AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ummmmm...if no one wants there parabelum I will gladly take it....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »

sold! ... Wait a second...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    :/
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »

Believe me, I'd just give them to you (as opposed to sell them) just so someone can at least be happy from the frustration I go through with Maelstrom.