The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

addons like location of lorebook or skyshard result ban ?

mysterious
mysterious
✭✭
i haven't installed any mods before. but i want this 2 mods. tell me will installing this mods get me ban or not?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No... Why would they?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • mysterious
    mysterious
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    No... Why would they?

Because i think its cheating lol ?
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just look for an add on called Destinations.... Job done.

Happy xmas......

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mysterious wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    No... Why would they?

Because i think its cheating lol ?

You get the exact same information from a guide. Having the add-on simply means you don't need a second screen open. Addons use information allowed by ZOS. They don't do anything not allowed. But if you have moral issues I won't begrudge you them.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most addons are pretty safe. I use quite a few, lorebooks and skyshards included. There's also one called lost treasure which will mark the location of treasure maps on your main map.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • markc01
    markc01
    ✭✭
    isn't the reason that ESO has an Add-On select on the main menu and on the character menu, because ESO allows add-ons?
  • mysterious
    mysterious
    ✭✭
    markc01 wrote: »
    isn't the reason that ESO has an Add-On select on the main menu and on the character menu, because ESO allows add-ons?

but addons like you cheat something isn't gonna result in ban thats what i am asking. like this things lorebooks and skyshards are to explore..and addons like this is cheating
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mysterious wrote: »
    markc01 wrote: »

but addons like you cheat something isn't gonna result in ban thats what i am asking. like this things lorebooks and skyshards are to explore..and addons like this is cheating

It only cheats yourself. It has no impact on other players, and offers no advantage other than the convienence of not having to google skyshard and lorebook locations.
    PC/EU DC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only received 2 years jail time with an additional 5 years good behaviour. Considering the pain it takes to find the lorebooks without addons, I think it's worth it.
  • markc01
    markc01
    ✭✭
    it is obvious that ESO wants us to be able to use add-ons... so, they shouldn't let the non-legit/legal ones install.
  • mysterious
    mysterious
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I only received 2 years jail time with an additional 5 years good behaviour. Considering the pain it takes to find the lorebooks without addons, I think it's worth it.

lol
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no you will not get a ban for using addons for sure!! I use like at least 30 addons, some of them similar to Lorebooks or Skyshards, or Harvest Map
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"It only cheats yourself. It has no impact on other players, and offers no advantage other than the convienence of not having to google skyshard and lorebook locations."

I feel the same way. With my first character I didn't use any addons other than one to enhance the graphics. I wanted to discover everything on my own the first time through.

I also took my time with that first character and made sure to try and really enjoy everything in each zone before moving on.

Took a hell of a long time to level with that first character but it was fun.
    Edited by kargen27 on December 26, 2015 10:05PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said, far from being bannable, using addons is fully endorsed by ZoS. They even provide the API to do so, with all the acceptable "switches" enabled and the ones they don't want LUA authors to use, disabled.