The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get past character screen

KingAce0075
I click on my character and it says it's loading then kicks me out every time saying I have no connection. I have call playstation and they say it is no connection problem but with your servers and I have tried every thing they told me too plus what I could find on the forums. Is there anyway to fix this? Should I delete my V1 character to see if it is corrupting my account? Please someone help!!
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    First, Run a connect test on your PS4, and check your router ports. Every once in awhile you may have your internet running very slow, which if slow enough you will have issues connecting... Other thing is make sure you have the ports open for the game, this improves connection, somewhat.

Second thing to try is delete your options data for ESO... It could be a bad line in it causing issues.

Deleting characters will not fix the issues unless you somehow glitch your character, but that unlikely.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • KingAce0075
    How do I forward my ports? That is what I'll try because my interest connection is pretty good.
  • KingAce0075
    The only weird thing is ESO worked fine until about 2 months ago. So I stopped playing and sold the disc. Then I bought it digitally thinking this would fix the problem. Plus it was on sale for 25 on ps4. But it has not fixed a thing. I deleted all characters and I deleted and reinstalled then I deleted the saves in the options and none of this worked. And I know for a fact it is not my connection because I checked that first and plus all other games work great with an open NAT type. If I make a new character on the NA server or EU server I get stuck right as I click on my character saying it needs to load into the world then kicks me out. And I cannot find a reasonable explanation for this problem. Someone please help I just want to play.
  • KingAce0075
    I have forwarded all my ports and it still does not work
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not working for me either and everything else (Internet on pc, phone and tablet and other xbox games) is working
  • KingAce0075
    Good to know I'm not the only one!
  • vilezombie
    vilezombie
    Soul Shriven
    The game was running for me wonderfully earlier in the AM, later in the afternoon though I noted severe lag and decided to log out and restart my router, etc. Came back and ran into this problem myself. When I could finally get into my character selection screen and get back into the game, the lag would spike between 5 - 10 seconds behind an actual command. Draw weapon, swing weapon, cast spell, etc. This all was happening on the EU server. US server was a little better but started to have issues for me as well. No reply from an DEVs on the issue. Hope they get this squared away by tomorrow.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vilezombie
    vilezombie
    Soul Shriven
    ^ I also tested other MMOs and games that required an internet access and had no problems with them. So I can remove the issue on my end being the problem.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
  • KingAce0075
    What did you do to fix this problem and get the game to start working again?